Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PETA Shill Sues Denny's 
    Lawsuit alleges unsafe salt at Denny's

Published: July 23, 2009 at 11:50 PM

WASHINGTON, July 23 (UPI) -- A class action lawsuit filed Thursday by a New Jersey man alleges meals at Denny's contain unsafe salt levels, a non-profit groups said.

The lawsuit, filed with the support of the food advocacy group Center for Science in the Public Interest in Washington, seeks to compel Denny's to disclose on menus the amount of sodium in each of its meals and to place a notice on its menus warning about high sodium levels.

Nick DeBenedetto, a 48-year-old resident of Tinton Falls, N.J., said he has eaten for many years at Denny's restaurants but does not cook with salt or use the salt shaker at home. He is being treated for high blood pressure.

"I was astonished to find that these simple sandwiches have more salt than someone in my condition should have in a whole day," DeBenedetto said in a statement.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends most Americans consume no more than 1,500 milligrams of sodium per day.

At Denny's, the great majority of meals contain more sodium and some meals provide more than 4,000 mg or 5,000 mg of sodium, Michael F. Jacobson, CSPI executive director said.

For example, Denny's Meat Lover's Scramble, which has two eggs with chopped bacon, diced ham, crumbled sausage, Cheddar cheese, plus two bacon strips, two sausage links, hash browns, and two pancakes has 5,690 mg sodium, Jacobson said.
    Okay, he doesn't cook with salt or use table but he was unable to detect salt in a restaurant? I don't think so.

UPI

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Jiminy Cricket. Do you ever see healthy people at a Denny's? Late at night it's full of drunks and the rest of the time it's full of fat people. Dipshit.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

If he is eating at Denny's on a regular basis, he's got bigger health concerns than to much salt in his omelet.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jiminy Cricket. Do you ever see healthy people at a Denny's? Late at night it's full of drunks and the rest of the time it's full of fat people. Dipshit.
    I haven't been in a Denny's in ages. Lots of cheap, bad food.

I go to Dennys for the salt.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

You have to love how the guy is planning to use the courts to force his will onto others. Typical leftist mentalit - do what I want you to do or I'll get some judge to force you to do what I want you to do. Honestly - if you don't like the food at Denny's DON'T FUCKING EAT THERE!!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Okay, he doesn't cook with salt or use table but he was unable to detect salt in a restaurant? I don't think so.

UPI
    I agree. I call bullshit on this too.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I agree. I call bullshit on this too.
    It's totally unbelievable. I cook from scratch and I don't use a lot of salt (I just don't need to). I can easily detect the saltiness of restaurant food or processed food. It doesn't bother me but I don't eat out constantly.

I can't believe this guy was unable to detect salt in his food. That's the one ingredient that we can all notice right away if we don't use a lot of salt at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's totally unbelievable. I cook from scratch and I don't use a lot of salt (I just don't need to). I can easily detect the saltiness of restaurant food or processed food. It doesn't bother me but I don't eat out constantly.

I can't believe this guy was unable to detect salt in his food. That's the one ingredient that we can all notice right away if we don't use a lot of salt at home.
    of course - he could be a total retard . . . . what am I saying - of COURSE he is!:D

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I go to Dennys for the salt.
    :D:D:D