1. #1 Come Winter, the Frozen Blood of Thousands Will be On Their Hands." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Frozen tundra, frozen people

The consequences now unfolding were predictable, but so was the utter shock Sens. Kerry and Snowe exhibited after hearing that heating oil may exceed $5 a gallon this winter, more than twice what it cost just 18 months ago.

This coming crisis didn't just happen, as Sens. Kerry and Snowe would have you believe. It is inexorably linked to the energy policies they, the rest of New England's congressional delegation and other Capitol Hill greens have championed for decades.

"George Bush and his allies plan to make ANWR drilling a top priority this year, and I plan to be on the front lines of the battle. They fought us on this in 2001 and 2002, and we stopped them by forcing the debate to the floor of the Senate, where we filibustered, making it clear we'd rather shut down the Senate than surrender."

ó Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., February 2005.

"Finding alternatives to drilling in ANWR that would have less impact on the environment would mean less money spent at the gas pump and less reliance on foreign oil. Our energy policy must not include drilling in this national treasure."

ó Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, March 2005.

Sens. Kerry and Snowe were instrumental in preserving the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in 2005, and in 1995, 2001, 2002 and other years. So America didn't drill, in ANWR and so many other places where proven, plentiful oil reserves exist.

Sen. Kerry: "It is reality, not rhetoric, that price spikes will force people to decide whether to feed their families or heat their homes."

Sen. Snowe: "When people can't afford the cost of home heating oil, they simply freeze. ... (N)owhere is the ensuing calamity looming larger than in New England, where just getting through this winter is fast becoming our No. 1 priority."

For more than a decade, their philosophy was: "We can't drill our way to energy independence," which syndicated columnist Ann Coulter points out "is like telling a starving man, 'You can't eat your way out of being hungry.'" But America, by not drilling, has created a crisis that will kill thousands of people in New England, the Upper Midwest and elsewhere this winter, further cripple the economy, and draw America no closer to the watermelon's carbon-free utopia.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2008/...ion/352654.txt

Goldwater
    Drama queens.

"Frozen Blood" really had my attention there for a second. :p

While the statements may be a little over the top, there is a great deal of truth to what they say. I recently took a job in northern Maine, despite being one of the best jobs I have ever had and making more money than I have ever have, I am seriously considering finding another job. Why?? OIL.

My company uses large amounts of oil. In the last 8 months, their cost for oil have jumped $20 million/year. This brings the viability of the entire 600 person operation into question. In fact, they will be shutting down one segment of their operations laying off 200 people.

What happens when you get layed off? collect unemployment. Maximum UI benefits total a little over $1200/month. COBRA health insurance runs $1000/month. This leaves $200/month to heat and eat if you walk or bike as transportation.

Heating homes will be a huge issue. Current payment plans have a top end lock in rate of $5.00/gallon for #2 fuel oil. A similiar size home in Maine and current oil price, to my current home, will cost me $8,000/year to heat. If one could convert a oil boiler to run on premium gasoline you could save money.

Wood pellet stoves are selling like mad up here. Normal sales at one store are about 7 units/month. Last Saturday, they sold 57 units in one day. I know people that make well over $120k/year that are putting in pellet stoves because they cannot afford to heat with oil.

For those of you on natural gas, plan on your heating bills going up by a factor of three. While it may seem dramatic, take solice in that you are not paying the equivilent of a second mortgage on heat.

While blood may not freeze, there will be many people up here that will be in a world of sh*t this winter.

I grew up in New Hampshire with a big oil tank in the basement. My brother still lives there, has a pellet stove, he does not hurt for money but just can't believe the cost of home heating oil.

Just remember, come January and February, all of the other tax payers of this country are going to be subsidising the cost of home heating oil. New England self sufficency seems to be going to the way side.

Banned
    That's what I like about the South. Mild winters where my heating bill for natural gas runs under $100 per month for Dec., Jan. & Feb. Lousiana has plenty of natural gas and a big find was just located south of Shreveport by (CHK).

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    While the statements may be a little over the top, there is a great deal of truth to what they say. I recently took a job in northern Maine, despite being one of the best jobs I have ever had and making more money than I have ever have, I am seriously considering finding another job. Why?? OIL.

My company uses large amounts of oil. In the last 8 months, their cost for oil have jumped $20 million/year. This brings the viability of the entire 600 person operation into question. In fact, they will be shutting down one segment of their operations laying off 200 people.

What happens when you get layed off? collect unemployment. Maximum UI benefits total a little over $1200/month. COBRA health insurance runs $1000/month. This leaves $200/month to heat and eat if you walk or bike as transportation.

Heating homes will be a huge issue. Current payment plans have a top end lock in rate of $5.00/gallon for #2 fuel oil. A similiar size home in Maine and current oil price, to my current home, will cost me $8,000/year to heat. If one could convert a oil boiler to run on premium gasoline you could save money.

Wood pellet stoves are selling like mad up here. Normal sales at one store are about 7 units/month. Last Saturday, they sold 57 units in one day. I know people that make well over $120k/year that are putting in pellet stoves because they cannot afford to heat with oil.

For those of you on natural gas, plan on your heating bills going up by a factor of three. While it may seem dramatic, take solice in that you are not paying the equivilent of a second mortgage on heat.

While blood may not freeze, there will be many people up here that will be in a world of sh*t this winter.
    "a little over the top" . How so ? Every heating season we read of some old lady on SS found dead and stiff as a board in Northern N.H. or Portland Me. !

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post

If you try, use diesel, not GAS!! :eek:
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    For more than a decade, their philosophy was: "We can't drill our way to energy independence," which syndicated columnist Ann Coulter points out "is like telling a starving man, 'You can't eat your way out of being hungry.'" But America, by not drilling, has created a crisis that will kill thousands of people in New England, the Upper Midwest and elsewhere this winter, further cripple the economy, and draw America no closer to the watermelon's carbon-free utopia.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2008/...ion/352654.txt[/SIZE]
    :D Great quote. I wish they'd listen...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.