1. #1 Received this in email today 
    In sticking with the obvious beer/alcohol theme in the lounge lately, I thought this was the appropriate place to post this:

Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:13 AM

An email from Ireland to all of their brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why you people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing female lawyer, married to another lawyer who can't seem to keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer, who goes to the wrong church, who is married to yet another lawyer, who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lords name are you lads thinking over there in the colonies?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    That's cute.:)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Kind of like what Scott Adams (Dilbert) said about the election:

When it comes to picking our next president, I can't decide if I prefer the smooth-talking, inspirational candidate who promises to give my money to people who don't work as hard as I do, or the old, short, ugly, angry guy with one good arm who graduated at the bottom of his class and somehow managed to shag a hot heiress and become a contender for president. It seems dangerous to underestimate that guy.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    That is priceless