1. #1 Received this in email today 
    In sticking with the obvious beer/alcohol theme in the lounge lately, I thought this was the appropriate place to post this:

Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:13 AM

An email from Ireland to all of their brethren in the States...a point to ponder despite your political affiliation:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why you people are even bothering to hold an election in the United States.

On one side, you have a pants wearing female lawyer, married to another lawyer who can't seem to keep his pants on, who just lost a long and heated primary against a lawyer, who goes to the wrong church, who is married to yet another lawyer, who doesn't even like the country her husband wants to run.

Now...On the other side, you have a nice old war hero whose name starts with the appropriate Mc terminology, married to a good looking younger woman who owns a beer distributorship.

What in Lords name are you lads thinking over there in the colonies?
    For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
    To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?

2 Corinthians 2:15-16

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    That's cute.:)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Kind of like what Scott Adams (Dilbert) said about the election:

When it comes to picking our next president, I can't decide if I prefer the smooth-talking, inspirational candidate who promises to give my money to people who don't work as hard as I do, or the old, short, ugly, angry guy with one good arm who graduated at the bottom of his class and somehow managed to shag a hot heiress and become a contender for president. It seems dangerous to underestimate that guy.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    That is priceless