Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    For ruining the GOP.

Too many conservative senators like Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) are to blame for the GOP's downfall, one of their retiring Republican colleagues complained Monday.

"We got too many Jim DeMints and Tom Coburns," Sen. George Voinovich (R-Ohio) told the Columbus Dispatch. "It's the southerners."

Voinovich, a native Clevelander who retires after the 2010 election, continued after the southern elements of the GOP.

"They get on TV and go 'errrr, errrrr,'" he said. "People hear them and say, 'These people, they're southerners. The party's being taken over by southerners. What they hell they got to do with Ohio?'"

Don't bother asking for a link. Do your own foot work.
    How many yankee Presidents from New England have we had in the last 50 years. Only one I can think of is JFK and he was more of a conservative than assholes like Voinovich, McCain, Rudy tootie, etc. Lets see we had LBJ, Carter, Clinton and 2 Bushes come from the South. Kinda looks like to me that if you are a blue blood yankee liberal piece of shit RINO, you are never going to win the Presidency. So old George can go fuck himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    So we could get rid of the Southern Republicans and then I suppose we'd need to get rid of all those pesky Western Republicans.

It's all so clear now....

Maybe Voinovich would like to get rid of conservatives too. Or maybe he's just bitter and old.
    He's from cleveland. what do you expect?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    For ruining the GOP.

Too many conservative senators like Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) are to blame for the GOP's downfall, one of their retiring Republican colleagues complained Monday.

"We got too many Jim DeMints and Tom Coburns," Sen. George Voinovich (R-Ohio) told the Columbus Dispatch. "It's the southerners."

Voinovich, a native Clevelander who retires after the 2010 election, continued after the southern elements of the GOP.

"They get on TV and go 'errrr, errrrr,'" he said. "People hear them and say, 'These people, they're southerners. The party's being taken over by southerners. What they hell they got to do with Ohio?'"

Don't bother asking for a link. Do your own foot work.
    No link and off to Stupid Liberal Tricks it goes.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Didn't have enough Coburns if anything, one of the only dudes cutting on spending during the Bush years.

Only stupid people buy this claim.

I'm confused. Is it VOINY's point that we need to amputate one of the last vestiges of conservatism from the GOP? Sure, that'll separate us from those liberals.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand