Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    So, Gov Perry ISN'T talking about secession ?

You need to inform yourself. http://www.usnews.com/blogs/robert-s...nt-secede.html
    Ever hear of a "flippant" comment, Fuckwit?

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Ignore the assclown....don't waste your time with "it".
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds."
    — Samuel Adams
    All Sides Political Forums

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

And darned .45 ACP, I think that stuff has gone extinct!
    no kidding. I have a Kimber I have not pulled out in over a year and thought about it the last time I went out for ammo but no .45 in stock anywhere. The guy at basspro said they get their shipment in on tuesday morning at 10am and by 1pm its all gone....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    So, Gov Perry ISN'T talking about secession ?

You need to inform yourself. http://www.usnews.com/blogs/robert-s...nt-secede.html

Quote Originally Posted by Talismen View Post
    I'd hate to leave Iowa too....I may crab about the winters here, and how hot the summers get but - I love having a change of seasons. ;)
    I feel the same living in Minnesota. The only problem here is being so close to Iowa. :D
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Here in Missouri we have corn, beans, wheat, farrow to finish farms, cow-calf operations, chicken confinement, natural gas, oil, nuclear power, lots of fresh water, and some really pissed off people. I would gladly stand up for articles of secession to be enacted. Missouri is a state that can stand on it's own.

I just wish we didn't have such a limp dicked governor and some really shitty representation in Washington. Of course if we leave, it doesn't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    I feel the same living in Minnesota. The only problem here is being so close to Iowa. :D
    Yeah but in the winter you get the bad weather first.... :p
    Usually anyway.
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds."
    — Samuel Adams

— Samuel Adams

satanica shut up you annoying twit!
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/...reignty-today/
    Take Action and Support Sovereignty Today!
    Posted on 31 July 2009

by State Senator Mary Pilcher-Cook (Kansas-10th)

I would like to extend to you an opportunity to show your support for our United States Constitution’s Tenth Amendment.

As you may be aware, I introduced Senate Concurrent Resolution 1609 to the Kansas Legislature in early February of this 2009 session. This resolution contains language which clearly spells out state sovereignty rights under the United States Constitution’s Tenth Amendment, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

The U.S. Constitution does not empower the federal government to overrule state laws without restraint. The Constitution does not give the federal government the right to interfere with the affairs of our state – or any state – especially by seducing citizens with money that comes with hidden and unknown obligations.The Constitution does not authorize the federal government to intrude by decree into the lives of citizens with excessive spending of their tax dollars.

As James Madison specified in Federalist #45, the U.S. Constitution creates a federal government of specific listed powers, not one of wide-ranging and far-reaching power that usurps the state’s authority and the rights of the people.

After introducing the resolution, I quickly received massive statewide support. With that support, and because of the significance of the underlying principles of the resolution, I wanted to give as many state senators as possible the ability to co-sponsor the legislation. I had the resolution redrafted, received a total of 24 senators’ signatures onto the measure, including all of Senate leadership, and re-introduced the resolution, SCR 1615. You can read it here.

Now I would like to extend you the opportunity to show your support by attaching your signature to this letter.

You won’t be alone. Many organizations throughout our state have voiced concerns about this subject, and their members will also be signing this letter.

The Senate Judiciary Chairman has promised SCR 1615 will have a hearing on Jan. 15, 2010, the first Friday of the 2010 session. But we can take action before that time by sending out a public statement showing the respect and support we have for our state’s sovereignty, and the indignation we feel about the over-stepping of the limits the Constitution places on the federal government.

Today, both the President and Congress assume the federal government should control the states and give them the role of acting as agents on their behalf. But they have it backwards.

Today we put the President and Congress on notice: it is the federal government that exists for the benefit of the states, and that includes the great state of Kansas.
    Embedded links can be found at the source....
    — Samuel Adams