Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The article really is good and I think it highlights the biggest problem which is the size factor. Any trivial little issue gets blown way out of proportion when 70 million people yak about it.

Another irritating boomer trait is the complete refusal to grow-up. You should not be dressing like a 13 year old when you are 50. It's okay to pass on a touch football game or a 30 mile bike ride when you are 50. You did not invent far-sightedness, arthritis, or gum disease so get over it. It's okay to be gray - you aren't fooling anybody. Nobody cares about your "special" sexual needs.

Just look at what happened with cars (via aircraft) in the 50’s. Flipped out, don’t give a shit about death - nut cases running out in the deserts going faster than ever before in war plane belly tanks. Talk about culture shock to who thought the Model "A" was ‘a fine mode of transportation’ in their day. Like the industrial revolution being sparked by the gathering of this continent’s natural resources, we’re still influenced by what these folks did after destroying the evil in the world for their time.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The article really is good and I think it highlights the biggest problem which is the size factor. Any trivial little issue gets blown way out of proportion when 70 million people yak about it.

Another irritating boomer trait is the complete refusal to grow-up. You should not be dressing like a 13 year old when you are 50. It's okay to pass on a touch football game or a 30 mile bike ride when you are 50. You did not invent far-sightedness, arthritis, or gum disease so get over it. It's okay to be gray - you aren't fooling anybody. Nobody cares about your "special" sexual needs.
    Who dresses like a 13 year old? :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    One thing I really appreciated about my mother was that she wanted to be called "grandma". You have no idea how many of my friends parents invented "cooler" sounding names to be called by their grandchildren. There is a definite refusal to grow up going on with these people.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Wait until I open up my chain of psychedelic nursing homes in about 15 years, when I retire from my current job. I'll get my social security money, even if I have to steal it from aging hippies!
    Excellent idea, noonwitch. :D :D

As a Gen-Xer, I love to remind my dad-n-law that the boomers tried to create Utopia and we wound up with Fruitopia, ass flavored.

Quote Originally Posted by Pew Poll and Washington Post
    Simply put, boomers are a bunch of . . . whiners.
    But Phil Gramm was dumped.................

Goldwater
    Pleasure for the sake of pleasure, that is the boomers legacy.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Pleasure for the sake of pleasure, that is the boomers legacy.
    Nothing wrong with that! :D
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 07-11-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Notthing wrong with that! :D
    I wasn't saying it was bad or good. ;)