Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Are you ready for mandatory "Swine Flu" shots? 
    Everyone knows how the White House uses certain pollsters to ask questions and get a "pulse" for what people are thinking on any given topic, right? Well - I participated in a Zogby poll during the first part of June, and in that poll one of the questions asked was this (I paraphrase):

"Would you be in favor of the government conducting mandatory vaccinations for the Swine Flu?"

Now comes this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/07/28...ary.swine.flu/
    Military planning for possible H1N1 outbreak

July 29, 2009 -- Updated 0220 GMT (1020 HKT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The U.S. military wants to establish regional teams of military personnel to assist civilian authorities in the event of a significant outbreak of the H1N1 virus this fall, according to Defense Department officials.

The proposal is awaiting final approval from Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

The officials would not be identified because the proposal from U.S. Northern Command's Gen. Victor Renuart has not been approved by the secretary.

The plan calls for military task forces to work in conjunction with the Federal Emergency Management Agency. There is no final decision on how the military effort would be manned, but one source said it would likely include personnel from all branches of the military.

It has yet to be determined how many troops would be needed and whether they would come from the active duty or the National Guard and Reserve forces.

Civilian authorities would lead any relief efforts in the event of a major outbreak, the official said. The military, as they would for a natural disaster or other significant emergency situation, could provide support and fulfill any tasks that civilian authorities could not, such as air transport or testing of large numbers of viral samples from infected patients.

As a first step, Gates is being asked to sign a so-called "execution order" that would authorize the military to begin to conduct the detailed planning to execute the proposed plan.

Orders to deploy actual forces would be reviewed later, depending on how much of a health threat the flu poses this fall, the officials said.
    :eek:
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds."
    — Samuel Adams
    All Sides Political Forums

Banned
    I am against it.

We should do what we do every year....allow 35,000 people to die from the flu.

The Staus Quo.

I've never had the flu, so I won't be getting any shots for it.

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    And I'm allergic to one of the preservative ingredients (timerisol), so getting the shot would be far worse for me than getting the flu.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I've never had the flu in my life but I started getting the shots just in case last year. It was easier than listening to my Doc nag me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And I'm allergic to one of the preservative ingredients (timerisol), so getting the shot would be far worse for me than getting the flu.
    ooo thanks for the info . . . . :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I've never had the flu in my life but I started getting the shots just in case last year. It was easier than listening to my Doc nag me about it.
    It's scary down by the border.
    When I was in El Paso not long ago, they have hand sanitizer on the tables in restaurants - right next to the salt & pepper.

Not a bad idea, but I'd never seen it before.

rm -rf obama*

I have gotten the flu shot twice in my life. Both times I got the shot, I missed about 2 weeks worth of work do to getting the flu worse than I have ever gotten it before. I will NEVER get another flu shot.

The big Cheese
    woudnt have to worry about the swine flue and other scary shit is we would close out borders already.....
    They are worried about another outbreak of teberc because of all the floods comming in from south of the border.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    It's scary down by the border.
    When I was in El Paso not long ago, they have hand sanitizer on the tables in restaurants - right next to the salt & pepper.

Not a bad idea, but I'd never seen it before.
    We now have hand sanitizer dispensers in our lobby. :eek:

Even the grocery stores have some kind of sanitizer wipe you can use on the shopping carts.

I think this pretty overblown (at least at this point). The Piglet Flu is much milder than the conventional type and the old people who normally die of flu seem to be fairly immune to this strain. People should relax about this.