1. #1 Ashes urn shaped like a human head 

A company is offering a unique keepsake of the dearly departed - an urn shaped like their head.

The urns come in a full-sized version, able to "hold all of the ashes of any adult" or in 'Keepsake-sized', which hold a portion of the ashes and offer a smaller version of the deceased's head for display.

They are created from one or two photographs.

The company behind them claims the 'personal urns' are a 'new and exciting' way to memorialise your loved one.
    link

There's just so much wrong with this that it's hard to begin. :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Its very creepy aint it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    At least the keepsake version doesn't come as a pendant.

Power CUer
    It wouldn't fit into the columbarium niches at Arlington; we had to be VERY careful about shape and size for that.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    At least the keepsake version doesn't come as a pendant.
    Yet.

If my sister or neices violate my wish to be buried and have me cremated anyways, I'm going to add a codicil to my will that requires them to display my ashes in such a manner.

That should ensure that my wishes are respected, and I get buried at Grandlawn with the rest of the Miners.

Not to deture from the fun of making fun of such a ridiculous product (I hope Gene Simmons buys one, full makeup and tounge hanging out), it is just me or are we rapidly degenerating into a culture of memorial worshipers, not too far from the Egyptians? Every other car I see on the road has a "in memory of ....." decal on the window, our highways are lined with white crosses, and even if it's not Memorial Day, more and more headstones are piled with toys, notes, ect. Why the need to announce our losses to the masses?

Just sayin'.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    These might have a market....

Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Not to deture from the fun of making fun of such a ridiculous product (I hope Gene Simmons buys one, full makeup and tounge hanging out), it is just me or are we rapidly degenerating into a culture of memorial worshipers, not too far from the Egyptians? Every other car I see on the road has a "in memory of ....." decal on the window, our highways are lined with white crosses, and even if it's not Memorial Day, more and more headstones are piled with toys, notes, ect. Why the need to announce our losses to the masses?

Just sayin'.
    I've noticed this myself: "In memory..." car thingies, tattooing in memory of the dead, and all those horrible shrine things with the stuffed animals and the candles.

I put it up to a lack of organized religion. If you belong to a church you automatically get all the end-of-life ceremony and remembrance. You have a real funeral, a real burial, a prescribed period of mourning along with handy mourners, prayer lists, anniversary remembrance, etc. You don't have to make it all up yourself with plastic flowers from Wal-Mart.