Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 The conneciton between denialism and Exxon 
    Banned
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming...ort-smoke.html

A report from the Union of Concerned Scientists offers the most comprehensive documentation to date of how ExxonMobil has adopted the tobacco industry's disinformation tactics, as well as some of the same organizations and personnel, to cloud the scientific understanding of climate change and delay action on the issue. According to the report, ExxonMobil has funneled nearly $16 million between 1998 and 2005 to a network of 43 advocacy organizations that seek to confuse the public on global warming science.
    Direct link to report pdf: http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documen...xon_report.pdf

Interesting stuff.... though I'm sure few here will actually do anything other than dismiss this report immediately.

Here's my challenge: Can any of you actually muster up enough integrity to actually consider this information with an open mind?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming...ort-smoke.html

Direct link to report pdf: http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documen...xon_report.pdf

Interesting stuff.... though I'm sure few here will actually do anything other than dismiss this report immediately.

Here's my challenge: Can any of you actually muster up enough integrity to actually consider this information with an open mind?
    Whats the point?

GW drones just want to cripple this country, no other country is going to do a blessed thing to stop GW.

When you can come up with a product thats as good or better then oil then we can discuss GW.

Banned
    Ya the title is real impartial and non biased lol.

Just another group of eco whack jobs.

Banned
    Let me repeat this part of my post for effect:

Banned
    When you put up such a biased report from a looney eco whack job site you get what you get.

But I do dismiss your findings out of hand because of the sole reason that I believe its not true! The same way you will dismiss my beliefs!
    As I said before lets just argue about it for the next ten years without bankcrupting the economy and by that time we can argue about glowball cooling again!

Hoax!

We don't dispute that there may have been some global warming since the turn of the century. Even though it is quite likely some of the measurements were distorted and there is still some dispute over whether we've really warmed at all (see ”If The Globe Is Warming Why Are The Oceans Not?” and ”The Earth may have actually COOLED in the past 60 years!”. But we'll assume for a minute that the earth really has warmed 0.7°C in the past 100 years. That is certainly within the realm of natural variability. Below are links to peer reviewed and/or major scientific journal articles backing the case for a natural cause for global warming. Man has always blamed other men (and women) for bad weather. Medieval peasants burned people at the stake believing that they were witches causing the bad weather. Lets not be so ignorant this time around. The earth goes through warming and cooling cycles, this is just one of them (one of the milder one's I might add).

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Pretty much like wilbur dismisses any source that contradicts his position. Pot meet kettle.

Only pro global warming are are accurate in his mind.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    But I do dismiss your findings out of hand because of the sole reason that I believe its not true! The same way you will dismiss my beliefs!
    As I said before lets just argue about it for the next ten years without bankcrupting the economy and by that time we can argue about glowball cooling again!

Hoax!
    Your faith in GW is much like my faith in God you dismiss one but you expect me to subcribe to yours?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    When you put up such a biased report from a looney eco whack job site you get what you get.
    I'd wager that anything less than absolute denialist zealotry would cause you to label anyone or any group as "looney eco whack jobs".

Like most of the others in your camp, you take an a priori position that AGW is false. Its elevated to the status of an axiom. Any information that challenges the position is automatically considered tainted, and any source that provides said information is impugned.

Which, of course, is by design...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Pretty much like wilbur dismisses any source that contradicts his position. Pot meet kettle.

Only pro global warming are are accurate in his mind.
    Where is your proof? I certainly don't dismiss contrarian claims, I attempt to answer them.