Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I'd wager that anything less than absolute denialist zealotry would cause you to label anyone or any group as "looney eco whack jobs".

Like most of the others in your camp, you take an a priori position that AGW is false. Its elevated to the status of an axiom. Any information that challenges the position is automatically considered tainted, and any source that provides said information is impugned.

Which, of course, is by design...
    Like I said I dont believe in GW like you dont believe in God. They are both taken on faith.

You act just like that with faith in God lol
    Last edited by Lars1701a; 07-31-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Banned
    I dont reject the proof out of hand.

I see what you GW nut jobs want to do to correct the "problem" which will distroy a already shacky econ. Sorry try again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Like I said I dont believe in GW like you dont believe in God. They are both taken on faith.

My position on God is not 'faith based'.... but its good to know your position on AGW is :D

But either way, your post is a fallacy of relevance (as are some others here).

A tu quoque argument attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting his failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. It is considered an ad hominem argument, since it focuses on the party itself, rather than its positions.[1]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I dont reject the proof out of hand.

I see what you GW nut jobs want to do to correct the "problem" which will distroy a already shacky econ. Sorry try again.
    It doesnt make sense to claim that AGW is false, or that the science is bad, because you don't like the policies that that some people have proposed to address it. This is basic stuff here.

Banned
    It doesnt make sense to claim that AGW is false, or that the science is bad, because you don't like the policies that that some people have proposed to address it. This is basic stuff here.
    Well if you know the people want to cripple the country, why would you take anything the say as truth? or just want to make a ton of money (like with Al Gore)

raised doubts about even the most indisputable scientific evidence

funded an array of front organizations to create the appearance of a broad platform for a tight-knit group of vocal climate change contrarians who misrepresent peer-reviewed scientific findings

attempted to portray its opposition to action as a positive quest for "sound science" rather than [political] self-interest
    Sounds a lot like the activities of the "Union of Concerned Scientists", doesn't it?

Banned
    http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming...ort-smoke.html

Direct link to report pdf: http://www.ucsusa.org/assets/documen...xon_report.pdf

Interesting stuff.... though I'm sure few here will actually do anything other than dismiss this report immediately.

Here's my challenge: Can any of you actually muster up enough integrity to actually consider this information with an open mind?
    I have an open mind so I went to the web site of Union for Concerned Scientists. A catchy little tittle there. From there, I checked out their position on Nuclear power. Guess what; they don't think that the government should provide any funding plus they have doubts about the dangers and the environment and more blah, blah. Evidently none of these so called Scientists come from the EU, Russia or China because countries like France have built many nuke plants in their country. Most Scientist think Nuke power is safe. Why not the eco-nuts?

Conclusion: when you provide us with an article from a liberal nut organization, you have to do a little research to ascertain whether they have an agenda. Looks that way to me. Now, if they were really concerned about the environment, they would attack the manufacturers of Ethanol for the pollution that they spew in the air. FYI, the EPA agreed to raise the pollution rate so that Ethanol manufacturers would be in compliance. However, that would not fit the liberal mold. So their hit piece on big bad Exxon holds no water cause they have no creditability. Now, if you have a mind at all, you can not dispute the facts stated above.

[url]Here's my challenge: Can any of you actually muster up enough integrity to actually consider this information with an open mind?

Yes.
    It wouldn't surprise me that a corporation would use the same propaganda techniques to try to frame the debate in a light that is favorable to them.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Where is your proof? I certainly don't dismiss contrarian claims, I attempt to answer them.
    You never answered Constitutionally Speaking after he pointed out to you that Jefferson's downplaying of Christian beliefs can late in his life after he experienced much tragedy. You even changed him to the dome and as far as I am aware you never showed up.

As for your answering of contradictory point of views, you do this but often with no supporting evidence. You have done this to me serveral times. When asked for supporting evidence you recite your own subjective views. Can you point out a instance when you came to the conclusion that you were wrong about something? I'm not talking a little admission here or there to some fine point or another. I don't recall you ever stating that your opinion of anything has changed.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Like most of the others in your camp, you take an a priori position that AGW is false..
    So you actually think that global warming is real? I had to use my pellet stove in July, but the planet is getting warmer? Wow, you're really braindead/brainwashed..

People are waking up to this farce that is nothing less than a power/money grab.. People stand to make millions off of cap and trade, but since the trend is actually global cooling, and people were getting wise, they had to change the name to Climate Change.. Because the climate will change, and they're going to blame it on us and charge us for it.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!