Thread: Remains of U.S. Pilot Missing 18 Years in Iraq Found

1. #1 Remains of U.S. Pilot Missing 18 Years in Iraq Found 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The Navy says remains of the first American lost in the 1991 Persian Gulf War have been found in Iraq. They were found in the Anbar province, according to a senior U.S. defense official.

"This is a testament to how the Navy never stops looking for one of its own. No matter how long it takes," Commander Cappy Surette, a spokesman for the U.S. Navy, told FOX News.

Officials say they got new information from Iraqi citizens last month that led them to a place in the desert believed to be the crash site and there they found the remains.

The remains were recovered over several days this week and then flown to Dover Air Base and taken to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Rockville, Md., for positive identification.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536170,00.html

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    If this the case where there was speculation that the pilot had actually been captured and not killed in action then I am relieved for the family's sake that it clears that up.

I am thankful for any family to clear up an MIA servicemember. May he rest in peace.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!