Thread: Anti-Bouncy

1. #1 Anti-Bouncy 
    proud2Blib (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-10-08 04:19 PM
    Original message
    I have a Hillary Republican neighbor

I have a neighbor who is a lifelong Democrat and one of the few Democrats here in my neighborhood. We have been neighbors 15 years and have occasional conversations that inevitably turn to politics. We share progressive values. The last time I saw her she thanked me for the anti-war sign I have in my yard.

Our kids are best friends. They are grown now but still very good friends. Her son has always told me his mom is crazy and I have always said well she is a good progressive in red state hell so she can't be too crazy.

Then just a few minutes ago I ran up to the store and noticed a campaign sign in her yard for a Republican candidate. Here in Kansas, we have two kinds of Republicans, moderates and conservatives. I call them sane and insane. My neighbor's sign is of a sane Republican but a Republican none the less.

So I ask my son what's up, is her husband a Republican? And he says no, Mom, she was a HUGE Hillary supporter and hates Obama. So she decided to register as a Republican and put every Republican campaign sign in her yard she could get her hands on.

This is especially interesting since she lives in a high profile house on a busy corner lot and I have asked her many times in the past if I could put a sign for a Democrat in her yard. She always said no, she didn't like signs in her yard. So I didn't push it. I am working for another neighbor who is running for state house and he understands she doesn't want a sign but he believed he could count on her vote. Now I guess not.

So it finally hit home with me. I just told another friend yesterday that I believed these Hillary supporters who refused to support Obama were a small but vocal minority and I didn't think they were a threat to his candidacy. But now I don't know since it has hit so close to home for me.

So what about you? Do you know any Hillary Republicans?
    All your Hillary voter are belong to us! :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3596259

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    All your Hillary voter are belong to us! :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3596259

But but.. Bouncy... Turned Democrat because of conflict... Repuke put in place... Everyone clapping...

Does not compute.. Does not compute....

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    But but.. Bouncy... Turned Democrat because of conflict... Repuke put in place... Everyone clapping...

Does not compute.. Does not compute....
    No conversion to the DNC this time. I told you guys that there were a lot of us. And I warned those destructive little idiots at DU that if they persisted in calling every minor disagreement a racist one and kept calling all Hillary supporters "white supremacists" or "potential assassins" of their Messiah, that they would lose us.

And they have.

If you're reading this and you are from DU, here's the deal: YOU DID IT TO YOURSELVES!

In other words: As you sow, so you shall reap---or, in the modern vernacular, "Karma's a bitch,ain't it.";)

Original! Enjoyed every bit of it and didn't get bored. 1 and a half bong. Best Bouncy of the month by far!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    No conversion to the DNC this time. I told you guys that there were a lot of us. And I warned those destructive little idiots at DU that if they persisted in calling every minor disagreement a racist one and kept calling all Hillary supporters "white supremacists" or "potential assassins" of their Messiah, that they would lose us.

And they have.

If you're reading this and you are from DU, here's the deal: YOU DID IT TO YOURSELVES!

In other words: As you sow, so you shall reap---or, in the modern vernacular, "Karma's a bitch,ain't it.";)

It kind of lets you know how us conservatives have felt when dealing with these types over the years. Except that is the way the Media treats us also.

The idea that they make every disagreement about race or some other phony notion is simply a way to shut down conversation when they have no basis from which to argue.

These people pick the weirdest things to be consumed with.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    It kind of lets you know how us conservatives have felt when dealing with these types over the years. Except that is the way the Media treats us also.

The idea that they make every disagreement about race or some other phony notion is simply a way to shut down conversation when they have no basis from which to argue.
    It is about shutting down conversation. You can't talk about the issues when someone is asking you where your relatives get their white sheets laundered.

The interesting thing is how ignorant these folks are about historical perceptions of race. Many groups, from the Irish to the Italians to the Greeks to the Eastern Europeans and the Jews, were not considered "white" when they arrived in the US. In fact, Italian-Americans didn't become "white" until the time of the Civil Rights movement, and there is an argument that the Jews are still not considered really white. And none of these groups are the Scots-Irish or WASP peoples that owned slaves in the American South.

Believe it or not, race is not as simple as black and white.