Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 McCain rejects comments from economic adviser 
    By Jeff Mason / Reuters
    Thursday, July 10, 2008; 4:01 PM

BELLEVILLE, Michigan (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Thursday sharply rejected a top economic adviser's description of the United States as "a nation of whiners" who are in a mental recession.

Democratic White House rival Barack Obama pounced on the remarks and said they proved McCain was out of touch on the economy, a critical issue in November's presidential election.

McCain moved quickly to limit the political damage caused by the comments of adviser Phil Gramm, a former Texas senator who questioned the extent of the U.S. economic downturn in an interview with the Washington Times.

"Phil Gramm does not speak for me. I speak for me. So, I strongly disagree," McCain said. "America's in great difficulty and we are experiencing enormous economic challenges."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071001927.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Here is a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note
    Don't worry be happy
    In every life we have some trouble
    When you worry you make it double
    Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
    Somebody came and took your bed
    Don't worry, be happy
    The land lord say your rent is late
    He may have to litigate
    Don't worry, be happy
    Lood at me I am happy
    Don't worry, be happy
    Here I give you my phone number
    When you worry call me
    I make you happy
    Don't worry, be happy
    Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
    Ain't got not girl to make you smile
    But don't worry be happy
    Cause when you worry
    Your face will frown
    And that will bring everybody down
    So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
    I hope you learn it note for note
    Like good little children
    Don't worry, be happy
    Listen to what I say
    In your life expect some trouble
    But when you worry
    You make it double
    Don't worry, be happy......
    Don't worry don't do it, be happy
    Put a smile on your face
    Don't bring everybody down like this
    Don't worry, it will soon past
    Whatever it is
    Don't worry, be happy

Now the economy's all better. :):):)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Don't worry, be happy

. :):):)
    If I owned an original Cobra (not a kit car or a knock off), I would be damn happy. I would not drive the sucker 30mph to work or bitch about the price of av. gas either. Yes, Mr Gramm has got his shit together. Liberals are in a mental recession. Is that you?

Come on post that horrible 5.5% unemployment figures again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    By Jeff Mason / Reuters
    Thursday, July 10, 2008; 4:01 PM

BELLEVILLE, Michigan (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Thursday sharply rejected a top economic adviser's description of the United States as "a nation of whiners" who are in a mental recession.

Democratic White House rival Barack Obama pounced on the remarks and said they proved McCain was out of touch on the economy, a critical issue in November's presidential election.

McCain moved quickly to limit the political damage caused by the comments of adviser Phil Gramm, a former Texas senator who questioned the extent of the U.S. economic downturn in an interview with the Washington Times.

"Phil Gramm does not speak for me. I speak for me. So, I strongly disagree," McCain said. "America's in great difficulty and we are experiencing enormous economic challenges."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...071001927.html
    I agree with Phil Gramm that Americans are a nation of whiners; many Americans have never experienced a bad recession and very few have seen a depression.

Our houses are much bigger than in the 50's, 60's and 70's, many Americans did not own 1 car much less 2 or 3 like many families today; Americans saved to buy that refrig. or stove and were not asshole to appetite in debt like these fools today. Americans want to own a house and a new car by the time they are in their mid twenty's rather than save enough for a down payment.

Bitch, bitch. That's what American whiny babies are good at instead of appreciating what they have and living the greatest country in the world. The poorest of the poor in this country have more than probably 90% of what citizens in other countries have.

When Phil G. tells it like it is that Americans are in a mental recession, both presidential candidates have to play political football with the issue. If Obama is elected, all this doom and gloom b.s. will fade away and everything will be peaches and cream. Same shit, same broken record after Bubba took office in his first term.

Power CUer
    You're right, lacarnut - but it's not good politics. :D

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I agree with Phil Gramm that Americans are a nation of whiners; many Americans have never experienced a bad recession and very few have seen a depression.

Our houses are much bigger than in the 50's, 60's and 70's, many Americans did not own 1 car much less 2 or 3 like many families today; Americans saved to buy that refrig. or stove and were not asshole to appetite in debt like these fools today. Americans want to own a house and a new car by the time they are in their mid twenty's rather than save enough for a down payment.

Bitch, bitch. That's what American whiny babies are good at instead of appreciating what they have and living the greatest country in the world. The poorest of the poor in this country have more than probably 90% of what citizens in other countries have.

When Phil G. tells it like it is that Americans are in a mental recession, both presidential candidates have to play political football with the issue. If Obama is elected, all this doom and gloom b.s. will fade away and everything will be peaches and cream. Same shit, same broken record after Bubba took office in his first term.
    Phil Graham is absolutely correct. WE ARE NOT IN A RECESSION.

Wages are higher than at any point during the Clinton Administration. More people have jobs than at any point in our history prior to the current Administration, economic growth continues, inflation is fine - there is absolutely ZERO reason for us to panic yet the media in their partisan drive to elect Democrats spin absolutely everything in the worst possible manner.

Let's see Phil Graham who is an economist, or Barack Obama who isn't qualified to run the corner 7-11???? Who to believe???

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Let's see Phil Graham who is an economist, or Barack Obama who isn't qualified to run the corner 7-11???? Who to believe???
    Please tell me how Barack Obama cant run a 7-11. I'm tired of you assholes saying this so I'm finally going to challenge you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Please tell me how Barack Obama cant run a 7-11. I'm tired of you assholes saying this so I'm finally going to challenge you on it.
    He's not a Korean or a Pakistani. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Let see, before he began his political carreer, his resume consisted of "community organizing" for ACORN - an organization that passed out crack to volunteers so they would register "voters" those people and many other ACORN "organizers" registered lots of phony people. They are a fraudulent organization using our tax money to create resentment amongst the poor and to steal elections.

He had no executive experience, no managerial experience.

If you looked at his resume, YOU WOULDN"T EVEN CALL HIM for an interview for the manager posistion. You might hire him for the counter work, but certainly not for a managers position.