Thread: Kids and Chores

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I don't remember how old I was but my mom always made me clean the bathroom. Everytime she asked, I would whine like Tristan. I loathed that chore.
    LOL! I still don't do bathrooms. I make my husband (whomever that may be at the time) do the bathrooms. I clean the rest of the house.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    Compared to what I did as a child, it is heavy labor. :p
    Yeah, ummm, I have no comment.:p

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    "Well you are paying for Art School, I should at least be able to paint a wall". :p
    Ha. One would hope. :D
    Be Not Afraid.

BSR
    2 pages and no one has called shenanigans on Shannon having siblings? Come on people, its a setup. Anyone with half a brain knows Shannon probably killed them and consumed their souls at birth, then used their skulls to hold her banana clips and Barbie accessories.

Interesting question. As a kid my life was divided between "chores" and "I'm not your personal slave" activities. The "I'm not your personal slave" activities started around 7 or 8: make my own bed, put my own laundry away, take care of my own dog, etc.

The "chore" end of things started around the same time and worked up from picking up dog poop and doing dishes (by hand on a cute little platform) to increasingly responsible stuff in my teens like moving stock or haying or whatever.

We didn't get an allowance. All this labor was considered just the normal pitching in part of family life. Spending money came from entrepreneurship, babysitting, and outside jobs. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We didn't get an allowance. All this labor was considered just the normal pitching in part of family life. Spending money came from entrepreneurship, babysitting, and outside jobs. :)
    Exactly. We (my brothers and I) washed cars or mowed lawns ( I supervised) to get money. Tristan seems to think I should give him money for simply existing.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Exactly. We (my brothers and I) washed cars or mowed lawns ( I supervised) to get money. Tristan seems to think I should give him money for simply existing.
    Sounds fair to me, but Im the sucker in the family. My kid has me wrapped around his finger.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Oh, you know.... stitching samplers, churning butter, that sort of thing. Around six or seven.
    Betsey Ross in homespun ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Sounds fair to me, but Im the sucker in the family. My kid has me wrapped around his finger.
    Why aren't you posting in the cycling thread in Sports?

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Why aren't you posting in the cycling thread in Sports?
    Cause I got the urge to stick a man's testicles in my mouth just from reading the title. Cycling is teh ghey..