Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PALEOCON View Post
    goggle up the info from the Feds for yourself or ring up your local RTL folks. Other than that I am not your researcher and true is true whether you find said truth agreeable or not.
    While that may be true, links are nice, particularly when you are only 13 posts in.

goggle up the info from the Feds for yourself or ring up your local RTL folks. Other than that I am not your researcher and true is true whether you find said truth agreeable or not.
    You are the one making the claim. The burden of proof is on you. Your post is meaningless without something to back it up!

Welcome back.. That didn't take long.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I've always wondered if 18 and 19 year olds are included in the "teen" pregnancy statistics.
    http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/2006/09/12/USTPstats.pdf
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

To me, it's a contractual issue. Minors, for the most part, cannot legally enter into contracts. Unless they are emancipated, a minor cannot, for example, purchase a car. So AFAIC, a minor may not legally contract for abortion services any more than they can legally contract for a boob job or sign a mortgage.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    To me, it's a contractual issue. Minors, for the most part, cannot legally enter into contracts. Unless they are emancipated, a minor cannot, for example, purchase a car. So AFAIC, a minor may not legally contract for abortion services any more than they can legally contract for a boob job or sign a mortgage.
    In the United States, most states typically require one of two types of parental involvement – consent and/or notification. As of September 2008, 35 states required some type of parental involvement in a minor's decision to have an abortion...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minors_and_abortion

Assuming that wiki is right, 15 states allow minors to enter into abortion contracts.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minors_and_abortion

Assuming that wiki is right, 15 states allow minors to enter into abortion contracts.
    Oh, I know that the rules get thrown out the window when it comes to abortion. I just don't see it as consistent.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Kids need someone's consent prior to surgery.

As long as there is a judicial bypass available, because there are cases in which a father with legal custody has impregnated the daughter who now needs his consent to end her pregnancy. Or, so that a young woman won't have to face physical abuse by a parent who will be angry about a pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Kids need someone's consent prior to surgery.

As long as there is a judicial bypass available, because there are cases in which a father with legal custody has impregnated the daughter who now needs his consent to end her pregnancy. Or, so that a young woman won't have to face physical abuse by a parent who will be angry about a pregnancy.
    Those cases are few and far between, yet constantly raised as a reason to allow a child to undergo an invasive procedure without the consent of the parents.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Those cases are few and far between, yet constantly raised as a reason to allow a child to undergo an invasive procedure without the consent of the parents.
    Thanks. I've attempted to respond to that post 10 times but it didn't come off so well.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III