1. #1 Sonny you're goin' to hell! 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=221x143707
    ccharles000 (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-01-09 09:19 PM
    Original message
    What do you say to a parent that tells you she is worried you wont go to heaven?
    My mom is a wonderful person but she is really religious and does not like that I am gay. When I came out to her two years ago she told me she loved me and that she hopes that I got over it. The other day we were watching tv and and I made a comment that a guy on some show was cute she started tearing up and told me she was afraid I was not going to heaven. I did not say anything. I know that she loves me but I don't think she will ever accept my being gay.
    This really is sad!I can't imagine what this mother feels.
    Toasterlad (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-01-09 09:24 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Ask Her What Kind of God Makes Someone Gay and Then Sends Them to Hell For It.
    Or, you could simply tell her that you hope she "gets over" her religious fantasies.
    Typical DU wisdom!

I fully expected an interesting Sonnabend mole thread. :)

ccharles should be glad his mother is Christian, not one of their precious islamofacists. She only loves him enough to tell him he's going to hell for being gay, instead of punching an express ticket for it.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I fully expected an interesting Sonnabend mole thread. :)

ccharles should be glad his mother is Christian, not one of their precious islamofacists. She only loves him enough to tell him he's going to hell for being gay, instead of punching an express ticket for it.
    Are Sonna a mole?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Are Sonna a mole?
    Ah the nuances of english that just don't come across when typed.:mad: When is that telepathic interface coming?

No I meant I thought the story was about a mole sonna has over at the DUmp.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Ah the nuances of english that just don't come across when typed.:mad: When is that telepathic interface coming?

No I meant I thought the story was about a mole sonna has over at the DUmp.
    I didn't no sonna even went over to DU let alone have a mole!