Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Baseball Playoffs 2009 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Okay, it's August so I'm gonna start following baseball now. Yeah, I know that's lame but hey, they play 162 games.

I'll watch a game now and then and go to a couple of games in person but I don't really follow the game until August.

So, who do you like? That's a two-fer question. Who would you like to see win and [B]who do you think has the best chance to win[/B ]if the cjpices happen to be mutually exclusive.

My own team, the one I follow through thick and thin, is the Atlanta Braves.

Teams that I like to see do well are the Boston Red Sox, The Philadelphia Phillies, The Detroit Tigers and the White Sox. Among the relatively new teams, I like the Marlins, Tampa Bay and Arizona.

I am also a National League fan because I don't like the designated hitter.

I figure the best teams in the AL are the Yankees and Red Sox and the Angels and Rays are good too.

The best in the NL are the Dodgers, the Phillies and the Cards. and Rockies.

I know these don't necessarily match divisiions but the the division/wild-card races haven't even begun to shake out.

So, who do you like?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Of course I love the Cards. They're currently in first place in their division, but only by a half game. Damned those Cubbies! They're hanging in there. :D

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Of course I love the Cards. They're currently in first place in their division, but only by a half game. Damned those Cubbies! They're hanging in there. :D
    The Cubs always hang in until they inevitably fall apart.

I've said it before, What do the Mets the Yankees and the Cubs have in common?

None of these teams has won a World Series in their new stadium.....

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    DOUBLE damn those cubbies :D

Cards win NL Central

Beat LA 3-1

Beat Phils 3-2

Win World Series 4-2 over ........... the Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    DOUBLE damn those cubbies :D

Cards win NL Central

Beat LA 3-1

Beat Phils 3-2

Win World Series 4-2 over ........... the Tigers
    You do know that the LCS is 7 games. And the Cards couldn't beat the Phils, a healthy Phillies team if the Phils have home field. However, it's tough to repeat especially in the NL. The last NL team to repeat were the 75-76 Reds. The team I see giving the Phils fits in the post season would be the Dodgers only because of the revenge factor. In the AL, tough call but right now I'd have to say the Angels but I'd love to see a Philly/Detroit WS. The networks would love that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I'm not going to offer any predictions since my track record in the past couple years has been so horrific.

Foregone conclusion. Phils repeat in a walk.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do know that the LCS is 7 games. And the Cards couldn't beat the Phils, a healthy Phillies team if the Phils have home field. However, it's tough to repeat especially in the NL. The last NL team to repeat were the 75-76 Reds. The team I see giving the Phils fits in the post season would be the Dodgers only because of the revenge factor. In the AL, tough call but right now I'd have to say the Angels but I'd love to see a Philly/Detroit WS. The networks would love that.
    The phils will surrender after 5 games :D

Cards in 09

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'd love to see a Philly-Detroit World Series. Oh Man.

I really like both teams.

I'd really like to see the Rays in there, bit its going to be a Yankee/Dodger or Yankee/ St. Louie series!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.