Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I can't remember a play he didn't make! Usually they are dramatic!

By the way, concensus was he was washed up this year! What did he average? 335!
    Have you ever seen him make a good play to his left? Tapping foot...waiting....no!!!! :D He makes the dramatic plays in the hole with the jump throw, but he's very weak with balls up the middle.

He's an average fielder, he didn't deserve the gold gloves. Most of the sophisticated defensive metrics suggest that. The Yanks should have moved him to 2B and put A-Rod at short after the trade.

Look, Jeter is a great player overall, and a no-brainer Hall-of-Famer. I like the guy, he's just over-rated defensively, and has kinda been under-rated offensively over his career. On a baseball list that I subscribe to, there has been dissertation-level discussion over the years about his defense, both pro & con.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Have you ever seen him make a good play to his left? Tapping foot...waiting....no!!!! :D He makes the dramatic plays in the hole with the jump throw, but he's very weak with balls up the middle.

He's an average fielder, he didn't deserve the gold gloves. Most of the sophisticated defensive metrics suggest that. The Yanks should have moved him to 2B and put A-Rod at short after the trade.

Look, Jeter is a great player overall, and a no-brainer Hall-of-Famer. I like the guy, he's just over-rated defensively, and has kinda been under-rated offensively over his career. On a baseball list that I subscribe to, there has been dissertation-level discussion over the years about his defense, both pro & con.
    Metrics aside , he is Mr. clutch! When the play has to be made he make em! Leaping into the stands or just plain old baseball awareness savvy, he has got it! He has that Donnie baseball thing!:D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Metrics aside , he is Mr. clutch! When the play has to be made he make em! Leaping into the stands or just plain old baseball awareness savvy, he has got it! He has that Donnie baseball thing!:D
    I'm really not bashing him, I hope you know that. Just being a Yankee makes him overexposed. I certainly wouldn't kick him off of my team if I had him. Of course I'm not Rush Limbaugh, and can't buy a team. :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I don't really care all that much for any of the remaining teams. So, here's the deal. If you want your team to win, just ask me nicely to root for the team they're playing, and with my luck in predictions/rooting, your team will win. :D
    PLEASE root for the dodgers :)

I will be your bestest friend :D

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Angels Yankees on right now.

It's cold in NY.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Solo homer by Jeter.

Gotta say he is an above-average shortstop.

Most of the time.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Solo homer by Jeter.

Gotta say he is an above-average shortstop.

Most of the time.
    Err, h is an above average shortstop with a bat in his hands all the time. But he is below average with the glove. The bat part seems to more than compensate in the eyes of Yankees management.