1. #1 "Oh No Now The Bread Wont Rise Due To GW ! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Why global warming is bad for bread

The G8 summit may have agreed to try to cut greenhouse gas emissions - but don't count on that saving your favourite crusty French bread.

German researchers have shown that high CO2 levels in the atmosphere lead to wheat crops throughout Europe with less gluten, the protein in flour that forms the gooey matrix of dough.

Due to CO2 levels expect dough that rises nearly 20% less than it does now. "Tell Them To Use More Yeast !"

The researchers, from the Johann Heinrich von Thunen Institute in Braunschweig , say that CO2 disrupts nitrogen uptake by the plants, and this causes the protein deficiency.

snip
    But for fans of ciabatta and pain de campagne, bread with texture like sponge cake is a heart-breaking prospect.

The effect will likely take hold globally - possibly affecting a broad variety of grains and other food staples. The disruption is already well documented, and elevated CO2 levels are thought to be a contributing factor to global rice shortages.

As far as Europe is concerned, the researchers see only two possible solutions - both of which come with significant problems.

The most straightforward solution may be for farmers to double the amount of nitrogen-rich fertilizer they put on their crops.

This would be tremendously damaging to the local environment. Nitrogen runoff is the most destructive aspect to modern farming. For example, it leads to massive algae blooms that can fatally damage the ecosystem of local waterways.

The second solution would be for farmers to adopt genetically modified wheat varieties capable of producing higher than normal gluten yields. Given their resistance to GM crops, however, one might even be inclined to believe that Europeans would find the prospect of munching on bad bread more palatable.

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/env...sref=ts12_head

That's odd, my bread is doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The Old European bakery's use sourdough starter in most cases especially in France !This 'The Bread Wont Rise' is all just theory and Politics.

The EU has an agenda to force the United States to accept energy limits through GW and are in league with the American tree huggers towards that end !

Now that GW has 'Black Eye' in America they will try and limit oil Independence in this country through environmental laws !.....What kind of bread do you normally bake ?

Banned
    For now, the Env. freaks have not descended on your bread making oven. Although, it could wind up being the same situation as the no Charcoal burning law in the kool-aid state. :eek:

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

That's because this is bull.

Next Global Warming will be affecting Bacon In A Can...
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

This is excellent news for those that are gluten-intolerant. :D:D:D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That's because this is bull.

Next Global Warming will be affecting Bacon In A Can...
    :D
    Noooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    This is excellent news for those that are gluten-intolerant. :D:D:D
    So, my buns are flatter because of Global Warming? I just thought that I needed to spend more time on the eliptical machine... :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    So, my buns are flatter because of Global Warming? I just thought that I needed to spend more time on the eliptical machine... :D
    Why would you want round buns,those are for the fair sex ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why would you want round buns,those are for the fair sex ?
    Since when is sex fair?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana