Thread: Oil running out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Oil running out 
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...t-1766585.html

How many times are we going to hear about dwindling oil supplies and we are almost out of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...t-1766585.html

How many times are we going to hear about dwindling oil supplies and we are almost out of it?
    Reapeat a lie often enought, and people will believe it. So my money says the hippies and powermongers will continue to repeat it until enough people believe it to get gasoline banned and their cow fart taxes passed.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Reapeat a lie often enought, and people will believe it. So my money says the hippies and powermongers will continue to repeat it until enough people believe it to get gasoline banned and their cow fart taxes passed.
    I remember in kindergarten about how oil was running out. That was in the early 80's. You'd think if we were truly running out it'd be gone by now.

They will continue telling the lie until they inflate the cost of energy to the point that alternative energy becomes cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    They will continue telling the lie until they inflate the cost of energy to the point that alternative energy becomes cost effective.
    And that's a LONG way off.. MA just bragged about a windmill in one town that was so wonderful.. It's saving the town $6,000 per year in electricity costs.. The cost of the windmill? Over $200,000... That's a pretty crappy rate of return if you ask me...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I don't know how close we are to running out of oil, but there is a limited supply, overall, as it takes a long time for nature to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know how close we are to running out of oil, but there is a limited supply, overall, as it takes a long time for nature to make it.
    And there are no more dinosaurs to make it from.. :p
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Wouldn't it be amusing if it turned out the Earth produced oil from the excess greenhouse guesses in the atmosphere by carbondioxide? Al Gore would go off the deep end..

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Wouldn't it be amusing if it turned out the Earth produced oil from the excess greenhouse guesses in the atmosphere by carbondioxide? Al Gore would go off the deep end..
    You know, I did read one opinion that was similar to that in some book I once read.. The basic premise was that the hydrocarbons we produce by burning fossil fuels return to the ground both by simply sinking and in the rain, and they go through the substrate, whatever it is where it lands and back into the Earth as oil and that it's just a continuous cycle.. If you've ever taken physics you've probably heard the saying that you can't destroy anything-you can only change its state. It's so true if you ponder it..

Agreed, but when new sources of oil are found in our own country but we are unable to exploit them, that tells me that just like AGW, that "science" isn't always right.