1. #1 And You Shall Know the Truth, But Not If the Democrats Have Anything To Do With It 
    You tell em Charlie!
    Adults are going to need to read this farce of a bill!

I don't know how much you know about Obama's health care bill, but I'll wager you don't know near as much as you need to know to make a decision about it's effect on you and your family.

Have you wondered why President Obama, Pelosi and the Democrats are in such a hurry to get this monstrosity passed? Well, if you'll read on down this column you'll understand why
    snip.....

Page 22 of this bill states that the government will audit the books of all employers who self-insure.

Now what does that sound like? It sounds like intimidation to me.

Page 24, line 116 says the government will in effect set prices for all private health plans. More government interference in the private sector, it's called fascism folks.

Page 30 line 123 says there will be a government committee that decides what treatments and benefits you get. In other words instead of your medical professional deciding what treatment you need, some bureaucrat is going to decide. And page 37 line132 says the government will itself review all grievances.

Sound like a fixed game? Believe me, it is.

Page 29 line 4-16 your health care will be rationed.

Page 50 line 152 says that health care will be provided to all non-U.S. citizens, illegal or not.

Are there still some of you out there who think this plan won't completely bankrupt this nation?

Page 59 line 21-24 says the government will have direct access to your bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. Say hello to Big Brother.

Page 65 line 164 is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in unions and community organizations, and that means groups like ACORN. Can you say graft?

Page 95 line 8-18 the government will use groups like AmeriCorps and ACORN to sign up individuals for government health care plans.

I wonder if ACORN will do as good a job as they did registering voters.

Page 110 line 19-24 the treasury can take money out of social security to pay health care.

What money? I thought it was going broke.

Page 126 line 10-15 the government can make up prices for anything at anytime for any reason.

Page 145 line 15-17 an employer must enroll employees into public option plan, no choice.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

2. #2 Page 59 of the Health Care Bill says... 
    That government will have access to every bank account in America, checking or savings, and they will debit it directly with no due process, no haggling... This must be stopped..

I'm in a hurry to get to an appointment, but I just heard this on the radio...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

4. #4 P. 59 of the original house bill - who knows what version we're on? 
    Power CUer
    9 ‘‘(4) REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIFIC STAND10
    ARDS.—The standards under this section shall be
    11 developed, adopted and enforced so as to—
    12 ‘‘(A) clarify, refine, complete, and expand,
    13 as needed, the standards required under section
    14 1173;
    15 ‘‘(B) require paper versions of standard16
    ized transactions to comply with the same
    17 standards as to data content such that a fully
    18 compliant, equivalent electronic transaction can
    19 be populated from the data from a paper
    20 version;
    21 ‘‘(C) enable electronic funds transfers, in
    22 order to allow automated reconciliation with the
    23 related health care payment and remittance ad-
    24vice;

I don't see anything about the governmen having access to every bank account. I mean, any more than they do now. I'm waiting to see what the next version is, and what's going to the Senate for their input.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    21 ‘‘(C) enable electronic funds transfers, in
    22 order to allow automated reconciliation with the
    23 related health care payment and remittance ad-
    24vice;

And just how do you interpret, "Automated reconciliation with the related health care payment and remittance advice?"

Also,
    I don't see anything about the governmen having access to every bank account.
    Just what is, "governmen?" :) Oooooh... I got Lindanumbers! I got Lindanumbers!
    Last edited by stsinner; 08-04-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Power CUer
    This section, 1173A, begins on page 57 (you read it, right, not just what someone said was on certain lines on a certain page??) and describes real-time adjudication of payments. The EFTS referred to seem to be between administrative elements - health care providers and health plans. That's what I'm getting from the context of the language.

Read the real thing and let me know what you think - not just bullcrit about it. This issue is a little too serious to just rely on predigested pap, although I know that's a lot easier.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

This section, 1173A, begins on page 57 (you read it, right, not just what someone said was on certain lines on a certain page??) and describes real-time adjudication of payments. The EFTS referred to seem to be between administrative elements - health care providers and health plans. That's what I'm getting from the context of the language.

Read the real thing and let me know what you think - not just bullcrit about it. This issue is a little too serious to just rely on predigested pap, although I know that's a lot easier.
    Charlie Daniels never lied to me before!

You make many incorrect assumptions about be, and here we have another.. I have a copy on my desktop for reference and that I'm working my way through.. Here, just because I reckon you don't believe me:

10 ‘‘SEC. 1173A. STANDARDIZE ELECTRONIC ADMINISTRATIVE
    11 TRANSACTIONS.
    12 ‘‘(a) STANDARDS FINANCIAL ADMINISTRA-
    FOR AND
    13 TRANSACTIONS.—
    TIVE
    14 ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary shall adopt
    15 and regularly update standards consistent with the
    16 goals described in paragraph (2).
    17 ‘‘(2) GOALS FOR FINANCIAL AND ADMINISTRA-
    18 TRANSACTIONS.—The goals for standards
    TIVE
    19 under paragraph (1) are that such standards shall—
    20 ‘‘(A) be unique with no conflicting or re-
    21 dundant standards;
    22 ‘‘(B) be authoritative, permitting no addi-
    23 tions or constraints for electronic transactions,
    24 including companion guides;

The entire bill is written in such double-talk and government-speak that I have to rely on those better-versed than me in all things political to translate it for me.., and it appears to me in the wording about the electronic transfers that what Charlie said may be right.

Anyone who has ever been to the Registry of Motor Vehicles or dealt with the IRS knows just how miserable dealing with the government is.. We're going to get the compassion of the IRS with the stupidity of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and the industriousness of the Post Office...
    Last edited by stsinner; 08-04-2009 at 05:25 PM.