Thread: Finally Friday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TOTD

The "Midwest Special"

You are tooling along doing 75 in the fast lane with 80 miles of open highway behind you. As you approach two cars in the slow lane, one of them veers out in front of you going 10 miles slower than you when you get within 50 feet of passing them.

Then putzes along in front of you.

Pisses me off every time.

TOTD: We have a 3 lane highway that I drive on all the time and my biggest pet peeve is people who drive slowly (even below the speed limit) in the middle lane when there's no reason they can't move over to the right. I end up passing them on the right all the time and it just makes me furious!
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    TOTD: We have a 3 lane highway that I drive on all the time and my biggest pet peeve is people who drive slowly (even below the speed limit) in the middle lane when there's no reason they can't move over to the right. I end up passing them on the right all the time and it just makes me furious!
    True. Most don't even know what "road etiquette" or the rules of the road are...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    I've been sticking to the speed limit lately (60 mph), and traffic in the left lane moves at a steady 70-75 mph. So when I'm coming up to a busy onramp, or I see trucks ahead, I tend to move to the middle lane (3 lane highway), so that I won't have to slow way down when the traffic hits. Some jerk always decides that he has to go faster than everyone else (about 80 mph) and tries to pass on the right.

Of course, he can't make it, so he slows down to 50, then tries to merge into the center lane, forcing them to slow down, and some go to the left lane when the brakelights flash, slowing them down as well.

I think it was said best on Fox & Friends the other day, speed isn't the issue on highways. If everyone was going the same speed, we wouldn't have half the traffic problems. But when old ladies are going 50 and jerks in SUVs are going 80, problems arise.

I'm a professional truck driver: TOTD I hate all drivers. I any of you have been to Florida you know we get serious toad choker rain storms here. I always slow to a safe speed, hit my 4 ways and cruise the middle lane on the Interstate. I watched as the Dale Jr. fly by me in the hammer lane in a brand new Mercedes. Couple miles up the road he had managed to put that beautiful ride upside down in the shrubs. I laughed so hard I forgot I was supposed to stop and render aid.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I'm a professional truck driver: TOTD I hate all drivers. I any of you have been to Florida you know we get serious toad choker rain storms here. I always slow to a safe speed, hit my 4 ways and cruise the middle lane on the Interstate. I watched as the Dale Jr. fly by me in the hammer lane in a brand new Mercedes. Couple miles up the road he had managed to put that beautiful ride upside down in the shrubs. I laughed so hard I forgot I was supposed to stop and render aid.
    Yeah, and we know how those idiotic I-4 drivers are...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

That particular incident happened on N-75 outside Sarasota, but yeah those folks on I-4 always seem to find a way to roll over even on a bright sun shiny day.

TOTD: Drivers who cut me off without using turn signals. I always give drivers who do that to me a good honk.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    TOTD: Drivers who cut me off without using turn signals. I always give drivers who do that to me a good honk.
    Unless I'm in immediate danger, I tend to skip the honking because I might get shot.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I'm a professional truck driver.

There was a time when professional truckers were the best on the road. Lately, I see horrifically dangerous driving. I am one of those PITB people who calls the 800 number with descriptions and reports of bad driving.

I'm sure I have never called on you!