1. #1 Screw You Apple and your iphone 2.0 software 
    BSR
    Today is the release of the 3G Iphone, which means all us shmucks with the older version get a awesome firmware update to 2.0. with application loading goodness !!!!!

Woke up early like a kid on Christmas morning, plugged in the phone and hit "update firmware" and it says:

your firmware is up to date 1.1.4

They havent released it yet here on the west coast. Now I have to wait all day to get my firmware update since Im at work.

Screw you Apple

Banned
    Nice toy, but if you want a real phone/portable office, get a...

It's great to sit in the pub, drink good scotch, and chat up lovely bartenders, all the while answering e-mails as if you're in an office. :D

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Nice toy, but if you want a real phone/portable office, get a...

It's great to sit in the pub, drink good scotch, and chat up lovely bartenders, all the while answering e-mails as if you're in an office. :D
    Had one for years. Still have 2 or 3 different models in my son's toybox.

No, now that the Iphone 2.0 is supporting Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, its the same thing as a blackberry but offers more.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Today is the release of the 3G Iphone, which means all us shmucks with the older version get a awesome firmware update to 2.0. with application loading goodness !!!!!

Woke up early like a kid on Christmas morning, plugged in the phone and hit "update firmware" and it says:

your firmware is up to date 1.1.4

They havent released it yet here on the west coast. Now I have to wait all day to get my firmware update since Im at work.

Screw you Apple
    That thing does everything but not all at once.The batterys have to be replaced at the dealers or at the factory.The contract two year with ATT is Super Expensive .All in All more of an ego trip than a phone !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Had one for years. Still have 2 or 3 different models in my son's toybox.

No, now that the Iphone 2.0 is supporting Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, its the same thing as a blackberry but offers more.
    I know that with 2.0 it offers "push" rather than "pull" e-mail, and calendar sync as well. But you still have to deal with the "touch" keyboard, which I find quite annoying.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    I know that with 2.0 it offers "push" rather than "pull" e-mail, and calendar sync as well. But you still have to deal with the "touch" keyboard, which I find quite annoying.
    It was annoying at first, but its pretty good at guess what you meant when you screw up so you dont have to worry about deleting what you wrote, then trying again.

To each their own I guess.

BSR
    http://gizmodo.com/5024187/apple-and...the-ipocalypse

Whoever thought it was a great idea to release a newly anticipated firmware upgrade AND newly anticipated hardware where you have to activate both on the same server needs to be punched in the balls.

Banned
    Hey, you guys quit dissing on Apple. Everything will work it's way out in a short time and then my AAPL stock will hopefully take off like a rocket.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Hey, you guys quit dissing on Apple. Everything will work it's way out in a short time and then my AAPL stock will hopefully take off like a rocket.
    I finally got the 2.0 firmware and HOLY SHIT, its like having a totally different phone. this upgrade is awesome. Downloaded a ton of free programs for my phone. Its really amazing the revamp they did.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    When I was going to work I saw a line outside an AT&T store and wondered what the fuss was about!

Glad Apple got the bugs worked out of the updates. I bet Steve Jobs was having kittens!
    May the FORCE be with you!