Thread: Skate Punks Beat Up Gun Wielding Gangsta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Skate Punks Beat Up Gun Wielding Gangsta 
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=154_1248394681&p=1

If only a few (thousand) more of us would stand up to these idiots like this, BANG, gang problem solved.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    The other skate guys should have worked the gangsta over with their skateboard.

Without more information - how can we say that the kid with the gun was not defending himself?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Without more information - how can we say that the kid with the gun was not defending himself?
    Legitimate argument. From the tape though, pulling the gun seems to be pretty unprovoked, and the skater tried to walk away. The gangbanger keeps after him. Initial scans aren't finding any more info beyond the video getting posted numerous places and the general consensus being the gangbanger got what he deserved.

Let's play devils advocate. Say the kid was defending himself against this vicious gang of skate punks. He evidently was not willing or able to use the gun, so what's the point of having it and pulling it? Thinking that just pulling out a weapon will end the dispute? The old saying goes, don't pull it out if you don't intend to use it.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Banned
    For that matter, who is to say the whole thing was not staged.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Legitimate argument. From the tape though, pulling the gun seems to be pretty unprovoked, and the skater tried to walk away. The gangbanger keeps after him. Initial scans aren't finding any more info beyond the video getting posted numerous places and the general consensus being the gangbanger got what he deserved.

Let's play devils advocate. Say the kid was defending himself against this vicious gang of skate punks. He evidently was not willing or able to use the gun, so what's the point of having it and pulling it? Thinking that just pulling out a weapon will end the dispute? The old saying goes, don't pull it out if you don't intend to use it.
    well of course from the tape - remember that it's one of the skaters friends who is taping and who posted the tape. We don't know what happened before hand - earlier the same day - or in days prior. Sorry, but I reserve judgment on who's right without further information.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    For that matter, who is to say the whole thing was not staged.
    right. There is not enough information presented in this tape to say who is right and who is wrong.

right. There is not enough information presented in this tape to say who is right and who is wrong.
    Honestly, I agree with you about the tape itself. BUT it does spark the discussion about how we should be standing up to these thugs instead of rolling over and empowering them. Why do crooks rob convenience stores? They know many have standard policies to hand over the cash, not to be a hero. Why do thugs pull guns on people for no good reason (like depicted, real or staged here)? Because they are thugs who think that piece of metal makes them a man, and most people's knee jerk reaction is to do whatever they are told to do. Large portions of those thugs don't have the backbone or skill to actually pull the trigger. A skateboard to the head or a boot to the groin would make them think twice about trying to act tough again, whereas laying down encourages the action to be repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Honestly, I agree with you about the tape itself. BUT it does spark the discussion about how we should be standing up to these thugs instead of rolling over and empowering them. Why do crooks rob convenience stores? They know many have standard policies to hand over the cash, not to be a hero. Why do thugs pull guns on people for no good reason (like depicted, real or staged here)? Because they are thugs who think that piece of metal makes them a man, and most people's knee jerk reaction is to do whatever they are told to do. Large portions of those thugs don't have the backbone or skill to actually pull the trigger. A skateboard to the head or a boot to the groin would make them think twice about trying to act tough again, whereas laying down encourages the action to be repeated.

I understand what you are saying - but I would not instantly assume that the skaters are fine upstanding citizens. I said to people after 9/11 that SOP in hijacking situations just changed. We can no loner afford to sit back and watch or be helpless victims. We need to get involved and let people know that we care about our communities and our country.

Rest assured, there was no such assumption about the skaters. I've known too many of them. :D