Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 White House: Town Hall Anger "Manufactured" 
    White House: Town Hall Anger "Manufactured"
    August 04, 2009 9:02 PM

PrintRSSE-mailShare this story with friendsFacebookRedditTwitterStumbleUponMore
    Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Texas, tells ABC News that there's nothing authentic about the protests Democratic congressmen are experiencing all over the country.

"This notion of a grass-roots campaign is totally and completely phony," Doggett said. "The Republican Party has coordinated this apparent outrage and stirred it up."

The White House made a similar charge earlier today, saying much of the anger was "manfactured."

But Max Papas, an official from FreedomWorks, which is run by corporate lobbyist and former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, says his organization's role in organizing some protestors is almost beside the point

"Those inside the Beltway need to know that you can't fake this sort of outrage outside the Beltway," said Papas. "It only happens when they are very concerned about what is going on inside of Washington, and it's a clear sign that people are very concerned.
    ABC

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Martial Law? How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !
    Last edited by megimoo; 08-05-2009 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Marshal Law ?How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !
    Well, they'd have to use torches and pitchforks - the libs don't have any guns. :D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I wonder if they aren't really trying to start a revolution so they can declare Marshal Law ?How can any party expect the people to stand still for this crap and not be 'up in arms '?If Bush pulled this stuff the liberals would be in the streets with burning torches and pitchforks by now !
    I hope you misspelled "Martial Law" on purpose, megi.

Well, they'd have to use torches and pitchforks - the libs don't have any guns. :D

Sure they do .ATF,DEA and FBI HRT snipers and assaulters .The old Branch Davidian and Ruby Ridge crowd ! !

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I hope you misspelled "Martial Law" on purpose, megi.
    Thank you , I missed that one .If it had been the nasty old Word Nazi I never would have any peace !

The more they dismiss it, the more they put their party's control of both houses in peril.
    But - let them eat cake....after all, he "won".
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people’s minds."
    — Samuel Adams
    All Sides Political Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Talismen View Post
    The more they dismiss it, the more they put their party's control of both houses in peril.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by Talismen View Post
    I am beginning to think that he really is quite naive and stupid !

Power CUer
    Thank you , I missed that one .If it had been the nasty old Word Nazi I never would have any peace !
    I saw it, but even I can only do so much. Fighting Megi's Ignorance would be a full time job, and the pay would be abysmal.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken