Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Holder: Jail is not only crime solution 
    Oh, great! This again! The dims first thought is always go light on crime! Liberals suck.
    It worked great last time they got soft on criminals.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, addressing the American Bar Association on Monday, called for getting not only tough but also "smart" on crime, saying that jail is not the entire answer when it comes to law enforcement.

Noting that one of every 100 adults across the country is behind bars -- "the highest incarceration rate in the world" -- Holder said that putting people in prison costs too much economically and socially in a nation where car dealerships are closing, teachers are getting laid off and after-school programs are being cut.

"But in almost all cases, spending on prisons continues to rise," Holder said during a roughly 20-minute speech at the association's annual meeting in Chicago. "This is unsustainable economically."

Holder called for new strategies and tools to fight crime, such as studying what happens to inmates once they leave prison and developing programs based more on their failure or success.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Can't they frame any problem without injecting, "It's for the children"?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Can't they frame any problem without injecting, "It's for the children"?
    That's the liberal way .It Gives them great cover to grab the nearest child and use then as a shield !

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Oh, great! This again! The dims first thought is always go light on crime! Liberals suck.
    When Obama has his 'Realignment Camps' all set up with Black Panther and ACORN guards the prison population will consist of Conservative talk show hosts and Internet posters from all over America !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    When Obama has his 'Realignment Camps' all set up with Black Panther and ACORN guards the prison population will consist of Conservative talk show hosts and Internet posters from all over America !
    They can try.

For non-violent crimes, prison is a very expensive solution.

When it comes to property crimes, restitution and community service could be utilized, with prison as the threat for non-compliance.

I support legalizing marijuana, but not other drugs. Those dealing cocaine, heroin, etc., should get prison terms, consistent with their history and the amount of drugs/cash involved. But users caught with small quantities? Prison isn't going to help them. Rehab is expensive, maybe as expensive as incarceration. Meaningful community service with residence in a halfway house might be a possibility.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfor View Post
    They can try.
    Yes, they can try.

I collected those pieces with the intent of surviving a Zombie Apocalypse, but they have other uses.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    He didn't say not to put them in jail. He was saying not to rely on only jail. I agree with him. We have one of the highest crime rates in the world. It's not like our current system works. I want to try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    He didn't say not to put them in jail. He was saying not to rely on only jail. I agree with him. We have one of the highest crime rates in the world. It's not like our current system works. I want to try something else.
    Libs have tried being soft on crime! It don't work. I don't care about the pot users, I'm talking about the dregs of humanity, you gotta lock em up or hang them!
    When libs talk about options instead of jail only for a certain crime, the 1 thing you can be sure of is that they are lying.
    The 0 and crew will be appointing more and more lib activist judge to all courts and before you know it the jails will be emptying!!! As a bonus the libs get new voters!

As D.D.Doty says; Keep your powder dry

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Speedy has a beta mag for his AR!!! Did you get that pre-ban or post-ban?