Thread: I turned myself in today!
#1 I turned myself in today!08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
And I urge all of you to turn yourselves in, as well.. I wrote to email@example.com and snitched on myself at the government's urging.
Here's the email (I did sign my real name and town):
I want to report an insidious website spreading misinformation about the Obama Socialized Medicine plan! The site is http://www.whitehouse.gov. You guys really need to watch this site, as they are telling lie after lie and doctoring facts and trying to convince people that the new Government Health Care System won't be wasteful, poorly managed, bloated and full of bureaucratic red tape, when what we're going to get is the compassion of the IRS, the intelligence and speed of the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and the Industriousness of the Post Office.
This is one of the most un-American assaults on the freedom of this country, and we are going to do all we can to stop it. The bill is worded so coyly and in such a way that the layman can't even understand the it well enough to know they are being duped. This is a brilliant attempt to confuse people and try to convince the government that it has their best interests in mind. It is nothing more than a power and money grab of monumental proportions that will reshape America's future in a very bad way.. You are preying on the desperate and the elderly and the illegal immigrants while sticking it, as usual, to the middle class. You're outright lying to people by using convoluted wording and arguments when you say that private health care won't be eliminated. Sorry, but that video has been leaked-you know the one where Obama says that he /wants/ a single payer health care system..
The only way to cut costs in health care is to deny care. The government has already proved that they don't care about the cost of health care by denying many generic drugs from foreign countries to enter our market, caving to the power pharmaceutical lobby.
Why is it that you people can't learn from the train wrecks that the Canadian, British and French health care systems are? Why does America seem incapable of learning from the mistakes of other nations and has to make the mistakes for ourselves to see that it really is what it appears to be in other countries? You think that the only reason this system that is not good anywhere that it is in practice is because we brilliant Americans haven't shown them the way? How reckless and arrogant.
Why would a doctor go on to do the extra years of schooling to be a heart surgeon if the government is going to set the prices for their procedures? This will drive good doctors out of the profession or out of the country, and it will cause the rich to pay private physicians to see them while the rest of the populace waits in line behind illegal immigrants and the poor.
Here's what I don't like about the health care bill:
* PG 22: Mandates that the federal government will audit books of all employers who self insure
* PG 30, Sec 123: Establishes a government committee that decides what treatments/benefits you get.
* PG 29, Lines 4-16: Directly rations health care for the elderly.
* PG 42: The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your benefits for you.
* PG 50, Section 152: Extends benefits and coverage to illegal immigrants.
* PG 58: The creation of a national ID health card and a comprehensive federal database containing streaming data on every American's personal financial records.
* PG 59: The federal government accesses your bank accounts for mandatory funds transfers.
* PG 65, Sec 164: Creates special, federally-subsidized coverage for Unions and "Community Organizing" groups.
* PG 84 Sec 203 HC bill - Dictates the benefits packages of all private health insurance plans.
* PG 85, Line 7: Limits what private insurers can offer (rationed care).
* PG 91, Lines 4-7: Mandates that health care providers pay for interpreters for illegal immigrants.
* Pg 95, Lines 8-18: The mandatory use of ACORN and Americorps for signing up Americans to government insurance.
* PG 85, Line 7: Imposes more limits on coverage (rationing).
* PG 102, Lines 12-18: Mandates Medicare for all who fit criteria (removes all choice).
* PG 124, Lines 24-25: Bans companies from suing the federal government, bans the entire judicial system from hearing any cases on the legitimacy of this blatantly unconstitutional socialist health care takeover (no judicial review allowed whatsoever).
* PG 127, Lines 1-16: Instructs doctors/AMA on what salaries they are allowed to make.
* PG 145, Line 15-17: Requires all employers to enroll all new employees in the government system (no choice whatsoever).
* PG 126, Lines 22-25: Requires employers to independently provide insurance for part-time workers, whether they can afford it or not (no choice).
* PG 149, Lines 16-24: Imposes an 8% payroll tax penalty for any employer (making over $400k) who fails to force his employees onto government insurance.
* PG 150, Lines 9-13: Employers making between $251k and $400k pay 2-6% penalty.
* PG 167, Lines 18-23: Imposes 2.5% income tax penalty on any privately-insured individual who fails to get "adequate" private insurance.
* PG 170, Lines 1-3: Stipulates that all non-resident aliens pay nothing (we foot the bill).
* PG 195: Federal officers will have full access to every citizen's most private records.
* Pg 239, Line 14-24: Rations Medicaid services for low-income Seniors.
* Pg 241, Line 6-8: Mandates that all doctors be paid the same, regardless of specialty.
* PG 253, Line 10-18: Imposes federally-determined price tag for the worth of every doctor's time and services.
* PG 265, Sec 1131: Imposes controls on productivity for private health care companies.
* PG 268, Sec 1141: Imposes regulations on rental & purchase of power driven wheelchairs.
* PG 272, SeC. 1145: Cancer treatment rationing.
* PG 280, Sec 1151: Imposes penalties and fines on private hospitals for "preventable" visits.
* PG 298, Lines 9-11: Imposes penalties and fines on private hospitals for readmissions after initial treatment (fix it on the first try or suffer the consequences).
* PG 317, Lines 13-20: Prohibits doctors from purchasing or investing in medical care facilities.
* PG 321, Line 2-13: Pretends to give hospitals the choice to go fully-federal, but only if local "community" groups (ACORN) approve.
* PG 335, Line 16-25, Pg 336-339: Imposes more rationing of services.
* PG 341, Lines 3-9: Creates the federal power to arbitrarily disqualify HMOs, forcing people onto government care at random.
* PG 354, Sec 1177 - Rationing of care for special needs people.
* PG 379, Sec 1191: Creates new Telehealth bureaucracy (nanny state health care by phone).
* PG 425, Lines 4-12: Creates mandatory end of life consultation.
* PG 425, Lines 17-19: Mandatory government instruction and consultation on living wills, durable power of attorney, etc.
* PG 429, Lines 10-12: Empowers the federal government to order end-of-life plans through something called, "advanced care consultation."
* Pg 429, Lines 13-25: Puts the federal government in charge of which doctors can write an end of life order.
* PG 430, Lines 11-15: Puts the federal government in complete control of what care you receive at the end of your life.
No politician that votes for this bill will have my vote. And when you've got idiots like Pelosi saying that the people speaking out against this bill at town hall meetings must be planted because they're dressed too nice, you really have sunk to a new low.. She and Barbara Boxer and Maxine Waters really make you look foolish.
Last edited by stsinner; 08-06-2009 at 07:32 PM.Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I admire your email my friend, but that is going to put you on some government lists you probably don't want to be on.
rm -rf obama*
08-06-2009, 07:25 PMRomans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.
My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!
08-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Judge Napolitano was just on Beck reading the US Code that strictly made this whole thing their trying to do illegal. I got a kick out of that.
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
stsinner, I thought you were deranged and dangerous before, but thanks to YOU, the government might see fit to protect someone like me from YOU! Good going!
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|