Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The DemocraticUnderground is the Marine Corps of discussion boards. 
    Bwahahaha! How dare they compare themselves to the Marines? They wouldn't know honor, duty, and patriotism is it smacked them upside the head!

kentuck (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 09:28 AM
    Original message
    The DemocraticUnderground is the Marine Corps of discussion boards. Edited on Fri Jul-11-08 09:30 AM by kentuck
    Not everyone has what it takes to withstand the physical and mental anguish of posting on the underground. Unlike other blogs and discussion boards, DU is for Democrats and like-minded independents only. That is the reason it is so passionate at times - it a fight amongst family. And no one fights with as much passion and anger as our own family.

In the last few days, we have seen a few people decide they cannot take it here. They say why they are leaving. Most of them have been here a short time. Those that have been here for a longer time understand that we have these squabbles and battles from time to time. It is no place for the faint-hearted.

If they gave medals for everytime someone has been wounded by words or the the ideas of others or the actions of the weakest within our own Party, I would have a chest full of medals... But we stay because, in some undefinable way, we think we are making a difference. Maybe we are and maybe we aren't, but we continue to fight. Not everyone has what it takes to be a member of the DemocraticUnderground.
    Not everyone has what it takes to be a member of the DemocraticUnderground? Yeah, most people have a double digit IQ

spanone (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:16 AM
    Response to Original message
    9. i'd rather think of it as the peace corps
    Nah, they're too wussy for the peace corps.

Silly DUmmies, tricks are for hookers :D

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3599624
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

This coming from the pansies that give everyone trophies, and they don't keep score cause the don't wanna hurt anyones feeling. How absurdly arrogant. I'm X-Army, and earned everyone of my medals. 2ARCOMS,4AAMS, CMB. I got mine as a medic while people were shooting at me.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    This coming from the pansies that give everyone trophies, and they don't keep score cause the don't wanna hurt anyones feeling. How absurdly arrogant. I'm X-Army, and earned everyone of my medals. 2ARCOMS,4AAMS, CMB. I got mine as a medic while people were shooting at me.
    You were a medic? Awesome! I met with an army recruiter once, but since I'm a woman I was told I couldn't be a medic, so I decided against it.

You had a dumbass recruiter, cause I loved many of our female medics in San Antonio.Ft. SAM HOUSTON total party base.

There is some disagreement:
    Tierra_y_Libertad (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:20 AM
    11. Well, the expertise in the use of profantity is similar.
    Other than that, I see little resemblance. Although, there are some wannabee D.I.'s who want to instill discipline with loyalty oaths
    deaniac21 (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 10:47 AM
    16. You mean the Marines on Gomer Pyle USMC?
    EstimatedProphet (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-11-08 11:24 AM
    23. This isn't even the Cub Scouts of discussion boards
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    You had a dumbass recruiter, cause I loved many of our female medics in San Antonio.Ft. SAM HOUSTON total party base.
    That sucks, I would have loved to do it. I'm an EMT-basic, but I'm going for my paramedic certification soon. Thanks for your service!

They compare themselves to the very Marines that they dismiss as 'Fascist mercenaries.' What a bunch of dickheads.

DUmmieland is the diaper pail of discussion boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    DUmmieland is the diaper pail of discussion boards.
    Actually, I was thinking of a Lord of the Flies analogy, but there's something appealing about diaper pails in this context. :)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Back in it's day Malloys board was much better than DU. It's slipped alot and doesn't seem to have the participation anymore but I enjoyed posting there.

They had a good mix of hard-core nut cases and moderate Dems. And they let us eeeeevil ReThugs post there. There are a lot of us here on CU that posted on Malloys. I'd still go back there but my account went inactive and I forgot the old password. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!