Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    He was?

Cant find a thing on it...is this another DUmmie lie?
    Prescott Bush served two full terms in the Senate. Never impeached, and no reason for it. That person may be thinking of the other senator from Connecticut at the same time, Thomas Dodd, who was one of the few senators censured by the Senate. Thomas Dodd was the father of Chris Dodd.
    Last edited by linda22003; 08-10-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    OK, who's Hookem?
    HOOKEM was a very loved poster on this site quite a while back. Unfortunately she passed away...:(

I never had the personal pleasure of reading her posts, as she was gone shortly before I registered the first time.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    OK, who's Hookem?
    HookemHorns, a wonderful, sweet, delightfully funny, brilliant woman who kept us all in absolute stitches with her "dipsidoodles," her own fisking of DU threads. I would laugh until tears ran down my face reading her posts.

Most unfortunately, she was taken from us, much too young, just before Thanksgiving in 2005 (I think).
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    HookemHorns, a wonderful, sweet, delightfully funny, brilliant woman who kept us all in absolute stitches with her "dipsidoodles," her own fisking of DU threads. I would laugh until tears ran down my face reading her posts.

Most unfortunately, she was taken from us, much too young, just before Thanksgiving in 2005 (I think).
    What happened to the tribute to her, can someone find it?

I has no skilz...:(
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What happened to the tribute to her, can someone find it?

I has no skilz...:(
    I suspect it was obliterated in the last crash.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I suspect it was obliterated in the last crash.
    That's really sad. I remember a lot of running pony AVs and notes to her family....:(

She did have a great way of seeing things....:D
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Sonnabend
    Joanne98 (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-07-09 03:50 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. The Bush family WAS involved with the Nazis.

Prescott Bush was impeached in the Senate for it.

LIAR.

We DIDN'T
    however, encourage violence- racism- class warfare- and division in the way that some RW talking heads are doing, and HAVE been doing for some time now.
    Oh, BULLSHIT!!! You not only encouraged violence, racism, class-warfare and division, but you acted upon it! You hung and burned effigies of President Bush and the troops. You called our soldiers "baby-killers" and encouraged them to "frag" their officers. You assaulted Republicans and tried to intimidate them at the polls. You blocked entrances to recruiting offices and rioted in the streets during your "protests."
    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

LLStarks (213 posts) Fri Aug-07-09 03:47 PM
    Original message
    I have bad memory. Did we ever compare Bush to Hitler so visibly?
    I know Bush has been called a fascist and a Hitler on at least a few occasions during his administration, but did we ever have left-wing crazies with zero regard for history waving around signs declaring such at public events?
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 42,900 from democraticunderground.com for bush+hitler. (0.04 seconds)
    hXc ub3rl33th@x0r1ng to find the answer link

No, never.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

"I have bad memory. Did we ever compare Bush to Hitler so visibly?
    I know Bush has been called a fascist and a Hitler on at least a few occasions during his administration, but did we ever have left-wing crazies with zero regard for history waving around signs declaring such at public events?"

Gee, let me think...
    YES!
    Those liberal cretins compared Bush to Hitler every single freaking chance they could get!
    In fact, as Joanne98 demonstrates, some of the more psychotic lefties even claimed that the Bush family helped orchestrate Hitler's rise to power!
    "We DIDN'T
    however, encourage violence"
    Oh, please. You guys might not have usually done so blatantly out of fear of getting arrested for incitement charges, but you did so subtly using euphemistic terms like "Direct action" and "Diversity of tactics."
    Plus, I seem to recall shortly before the 2008 election, a DU thread stating that if McCain won the elections, all the lefty fruit loops should invade Washington en masse, barricade the White House, and basically "Shut it down" until Obama is declared the winner.
    Last edited by movie buff; 08-13-2009 at 09:56 PM.