Threaded View

1. #1 "Anothed Liberal Dipshit against Drilling Our Own Oil !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Alcee Hastings: 'I will be the last man standing saying, You will not drill..

U.S. Rep. Alcee Hastings, D-Miramar, takes to the House floor on Thursday to decry oil industry profits and rail against the idea of offshore drilling.

“Let it be clearly understood by everybody in this House of Representatives, I will be the last man standing, saying that you will not drill off the coast of Florida beyond the limits of the law that all of us agreed to, until such time you change that law.

Florida’s beaches are pristine. Florida’s tourism depends upon them.

snip

The solutions are costly, and the energy companies are the ones that are most likely to do this rather than a bunch of members of Congress running down here so that they can have a bumper sticker.

Video supplied by Hastings office.

“Everybody buys gas, everybody knows it is high, and none of us in this place are going to do one doggone thing between now and the time that we leave here that is going to cause it to come down that much that it will be dramatic.

“I have one more proposal: tax credits for buying gas.:D

We have a national crisis on our hands and we owe it to ourselves to focus on what it will take, worldwide, in this global economy that we live in and in our Nation to undertake to do what is necessary for the American public.”

Comment :
    Funny... these people we send to Congress. They are idiots. Why do Americans continually elect these people?
    Oh, and BY the way. Australia is ALREADY DRILLING OFF OUR SHORE IN THE GULF OF MEXICO and AMERICANS CAN NOT!!!!!!

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news...e_the_l_1.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-11-2008 at 03:12 PM.