Thread: Beware Greeks Bearing Penis Curses...

1. #1 Beware Greeks Bearing Penis Curses... 
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-23109,00.html

Sex curse found at ancient site - reportFrom correpondents in Cyprus
    July 11, 2008 08:05pm

AN unexpected sexual curse has reportedly uncovered by archaeologists at Cyprus's old city kingdom of Amathus.

"A curse is inscribed in Greek on a lead tablet and part of it reads: 'May your penis hurt when you make love'," Pierre Aubert, head of Athens Archaeological School in Greece told the English language Cyprus Weekly.

He said the tablet showed a man standing holding something in his right hand that looks like an hour glass.

The inscription dates back to the 7th century AD when Christianity was well established on the island, leading the French professor to surmise that it referred to the activity of witchcraft or shamans surviving from the pagan era.

The ancient city of Amathus was founded by the Phoenicians at around 1500 BC and derived its wealth from grain and copper mines.

The city, a regional capital under the Romans, still flourished in the 7th century AD but was abandoned by the 12 century.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sounds like Gonorrhea !

I think that Hillary Clinton has that tattooed on her back.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think that Hillary Clinton has that tattooed on her back.

Okay, thanks to you I just had that image added to my permanent rolodex. :eek:
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Does the inscription really say that or are these archaeologists just dicking around?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

The inscription dates back to the 7th century AD when Christianity was well established on the island, leading the French professor to surmise that it referred to the activity of witchcraft or shamans surviving from the pagan era.
    Oh, please. Penis curses have nothing to do with religion. It's sticking right out there and it causes all kinds of problems - of course it's going to get cursed from time to time.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Oh, please. Penis curses have nothing to do with religion. It's sticking right out there and it causes all kinds of problems - of course it's going to get cursed from time to time.
    Penal Curses are Classic case of Penis-Envy , If you have one Flout it (Not In Public )if not curse it !