Thread: Chicken Marsala

Hybrid View

1. #1 Chicken Marsala 
    This is not a hard recipe to make, a little messy but well worth it! The only mushrooms I could get tonite were baby potobellos and they were just fine.
    This came from Emeril. I was going to make sure I had all the ingredients for the essence when I was in Sweetbay, but they are already selling it, too easy!

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
    2 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    4 tablespoons butter
    3 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake)
    3/4 cup Marsala
    1 cup chicken stock
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Chopped chives, for garnish

In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and Essence and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
    Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
    2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

Browning the chicken

Do them mushrooms

The last bit of butter!

I ate so much, now I am fluffy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

If you ever convert to Fundamental Mormonism and decide to take another wife, PLEASE call me.

That looks wonderful.

I like how you post all those incredibly tasty pictures and I happen to run across them after not eating in the last 6 hours. Man they make me hungry, and it's obvious you love to cook and eat good food. A pat of butter on each one! You go all out.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Did the Windex make it shiny?

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    LOL :D

On a side note: Patriot I love your recipes and how you always include a picture. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

My big fat greek wedding, windex for everything!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    This is not a hard recipe to make, a little messy but well worth it! The only mushrooms I could get tonite were baby potobellos and they were just fine.
    This came from Emeril. I was going to make sure I had all the ingredients for the essence when I was in Sweetbay, but they are already selling it, too easy!

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
    2 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    4 tablespoons butter
    3 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake)
    3/4 cup Marsala
    1 cup chicken stock
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Chopped chives, for garnish

In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and Essence and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.
    Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly. Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.

Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
    2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
    1 tablespoon dried thyme
    Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.

Browning the chicken

Do them mushrooms

The last bit of butter!

I ate so much, now I am fluffy!

Now that you have mastered that one try this one Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala !

Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala

Author/Submitted by: Olive Garden Newsletter
    Servings: 4
    Categories: Alcohol / Cheese / Chicken / Sauces

Ingredients:

---CHEESE STUFFING---
    1/2 cup smoked provolone or gouda cheese
    8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato flakes, if in oil, drain first
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper

---CHICKEN---
    2 pounds Skinless boneless chicken breasts
    4 ounces cooking oil
    2 cups flour
    salt and pepper, to taste

---SAUCE---
    1 small onion, chopped
    6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
    24 ounces marsala wine
    8 ounces heavy cream

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 F.

2. STUFFING: Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.

3. CHICKEN: Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes - pound until 1/4"-1/2" thick. Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast.

4. Preheat a large saute pan on stove top. add 4 oz oil, heat oil until shimmering. Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in saute pan with the preheated oil. Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from saute pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes. Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165 degrees.

5. SAUCE: Add the onions to the saute pan. stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms, saute mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze saute pan with the marsala wine - make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan. Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.

6. Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce. Serve with your favorite garlic mashed potato recipe.

YUCK, cheese
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.