Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Yes they will. And in the 90's the economy was cruising along and Bill Clinton had one scandal after another. But because we were making money, whatever Bill did really didn't seem to matter. We were a nation of whores. Look at the moral damage we inflicted on this country by selling out. We are doing the same thing when we sell our rights to avoid a lawsuit but the outcome will be worse. Is it really worth it? Pretty soon when we have no rights left to barter with, what do we do then?
    I don't disagree with you - but as someone who has worked in a school district that has been targeted by the ACLU, it gets very expensive very quickly. And they know they don't have to necessarily win on the issues - they just need to make the cost so high that people give up.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

This is sooooo going to get thrown out of court IMO.

I actually do think that it's inappropriate to lead prayers at lunchtime because all of the kids are not Christian, that denomination of Christianity, etc. However, I've never agreed with saying the teachers can't engage before or after school hours. It's their business if they do Prayer around the Pole or whatever.

While I think it's inappropriate to do the lunchtime thing, that hardly calls for imprisonment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hmmm, your BDS is showing Paleoconman....now Bush controls the ACLU? Why don't you run over to DU little boy. They seem to be your kind of people.
    He has a minor problem with understanding any history older than he is...like 8 years or so.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) ... Founded in 1920
    Even though the "completely moronic BusHitler" managed to steer Hurricane Katrina nearly directly toward New Orleans just to make sure many people would die a few days later, he still couldn't have had anything to do with founding the Anti-Christian Liberties Union in 1920.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Can I have my 4 and a half minutes back?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.