Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    I was afraid of this:

Statement in Regard to 'Tony Snow Family Trust'

Last update: 6:42 p.m. EDT July 14, 2008
    WASHINGTON, July 14, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- In response to the many people who have called and asked how they could help, the "Tony Snow Family Trust" was set up today at the Wachovia Bank in Bowie, Maryland, to help with Tony Snow's children's education and expenses. Jill Snow, Tony's wife, will serve as the Trustee with Tony Snow's three children (Kendall, Robbie and Kristi) as beneficiaries. Donations can be made directly to the Tony Snow Family Trust by either: sending a check made payable to the "Tony Snow Family Trust" to: Center for Health Transformation, Attn: Tony Snow Family Trust, 1425 K Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20005 or going to www.healthtransformation.net, which is the website for the Center for Health Transformation. Tony was working with The Center for Health Transformation on a cancer project with Geraldine Ferraro to help eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
    Randy Evans, the grantor of the Trust, stated that, "Serving our country at times means sacrifice. Tony did just that. At a time when he was at the pinnacle of his career at FOX News, he was asked to serve his country and he gave up the financial rewards his future held. Having served his country well, Tony left the White House to earn money to help secure his children's future. Unfortunately, fighting cancer did not give him much time to do that, and so, the purpose of this Trust is to help achieve Tony's goal of securing his children's future including their college educations."

Only just saw this sad news.

Tony Snow was a class act. He fought a brave fight against his illness. He'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    This will disappoint you... but no I dont want your respect at all. And this wierd goderator tone you always take has finally worn on me.

I'm putting you on ignore... somehow I can sift through Zathras making the same post 130 times and megimoo !'s inability to type but you just push the perfect button. This will be my last post in response to you Sonna, you're not worth my time anymore.

edit- You cant put moderators on ignore here, so I'll just have to do it by willpower.
    Ignore is for pussies. How many goddamn times do I have to say this?

Bush hails Snow's 'record of accomplishment'

WASHINGTON - President Bush fondly remembered Tony Snow Thursday, telling mourners at Snow's funeral that the conservative commentator-turned-White House press secretary "amassed a rare record of accomplishment."
    ADVERTISEMENT

"He knew the job of a reporter was vigorous. He understood the profession and always treated it with respect," said Bush, who traveled to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to pay respects to his former lead spokesman, who died of colon cancer last Saturday.

His was a life that was "far too brief," the president said of Snow.

Bush was accompanied to the funeral on the campus of Catholic University by some familiar faces from earlier in his presidency, including former top adviser Karl Rove and one-time chief of staff Andrew Card. Row after row at the shrine was packed with family members and friends and associates, including White House correspondents.
    "We will always remember his wry sense of humor and abundant goodness. We will also remember he was lots of fun," Bush said.
    A somber Bush had a special message for Snow's three children — Kendall, Robbie and Kristi. In a particularly poignant moment, he talked directly to them, noting he'd often called their father on the weekend seeking his advice, and just as often would find that he was helping his kids with homework or cheering them on the soccer field.

"He loved you a lot," Bush told the three children. "I hope you know we loved him a lot, too."

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Ignore is for pussies. How many goddamn times do I have to say this?
    'lids is ignoring half the board by now. Otherwise he/she/it might end up actually thinking something through.

I know God knows what He's doing, but it's hard to see people like Tony gone while those like 'lids and the DUmpMonkies are still here. (Of course, staying here may not be the nicest thing God could do for someone...)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    'lids is ignoring half the board by now. Otherwise he/she/it might end up actually thinking something through.

I know God knows what He's doing, but it's hard to see people like Tony gone while those like 'lids and the DUmpMonkies are still here. (Of course, staying here may not be the nicest thing God could do for someone...)
    That's the eternal question, isn't it? I've always wondered why some of the bad people last so long. Maybe it's God is delaying seeing them.

I'm glad Bush said such nice things about Tony Snow.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That's the eternal question, isn't it? I've always wondered why some of the bad people last so long. Maybe it's God is delaying seeing them.

I'm glad Bush said such nice things about Tony Snow.
    I would guess He is giving some of them time to grow into wisdom, and others time to complete their work.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.