Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eh, I really didn't expect anything else from them.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    Eh, I really didn't expect anything else from them.
    Neither did I but every time I actually see it it still makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with them.

And they want "Hate Radio" banned. Dickhead Underground, full of social cretins. Skinner, you should be proud of the fine group of individuals that you allow to express their opinions. Just wondering how accolades on the death of Tony Snow are worse that someone pointing out problems with Barrack Hussein Obama. Having a hard time getting my head around that.

I hope no one on that board has to suffer thru cancer, and if they do, I do not care what party they belong to or how many times they canceled my vote, they have my sympathy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Skinner wrote:

So, instead of creating extra work for them, it would be nice if people would voluntarily refrain from posting inflammatory crap that makes us all look like jerks.
    Way too late for that Skinner...
    May the FORCE be with you!

So now $kiimmer had turned it into a grovel to Skinner thread.

And saying DUmmies look like jerks is a huge insult to jerks. DUmmies are about 1,000 rungs lower than jerks on the ladder of intellect and civility.

RIP to Tony Snow, a guy with a great peronsality who made it to the top of his field.

Sonnabend
    Faith No More (5 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 09:32 AM
    Response to Original message
    71. I didn't like him when he was alive, why should I feel differently now that he's dead?
    Try a little compassion.I am told it works wonders.

Sympathy for his family??? How much sympathy do think they felt for all the sons and daughters that returned from Iraq in body bags?
    Those soldiers knew what they were signing up for and knew what the risks were.They went anyway.They were nobler and braver than you would ever be.

This man's lies helped to perpetuate this shameful, illegal war and I think it's high time those on the conservative side get to experience a little grief. I don't feel any sympathy for them because they don't give a tinker's damn for us.

It says more about you than it does h9m for this "illegal war" schtick...when even your own revered Barack MUSLIM Obama supports it

MindPilot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 09:57 AM
    78. Of all the smarmy little twerps in the BFEE,Tony always seemed to me like he was a bit out of place.
    I'd be more scared of the Clintons if I were you.

To me he always appeared awkward like he really didn't get comfortable with his position. I think the stress of having to go in front of the people lie for his bosses--make no mistake, we all do it; most of us just don't do it on TV--took it's toll on Tony.
    Or maybe he knew he was sick, knew he was dying, and the fact that he had the guts to still do his job says volumes for his character and his heart. Your comments here say volumes about how low and disgusting you are.

During one of my hospital stays, the guy in the next bed had colon cancer. I would not wish that on anyone.

Yet here you are dancing on his grave, and pissing on his memory

My sympathies to his friends and family.

My apologies to your parents for the perverted, hateful little toerag that you have become.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 07-12-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    So, instead of creating extra work for them, it would be nice if people would voluntarily refrain from posting inflammatory crap that makes us all look like jerks.

The only reason you look like jerks is because you ARE jerks.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Sympathy for his family??? How much sympathy do think they felt for all the sons and daughters that returned from Iraq in body bags?
    I Guarantee that he felt more sympathy for them than you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3604935

Then what do you call what I just posted above, Skinner? Either you are full of it, or your mods aren't doing their jobs.

Its all here and saved for posterity.
    Did a DUmmy just have an epiphany. Do I see granite in its future.?

Hoondraskneltinsky (9 posts) Sat Jul-12-08 11:23 AM
    Response to Reply #14
    64. If a sizable number of our ranks have to be reminded that...
    we are supposed to be more compassionate, perhaps our group isn't as compassionate as we thought. The grave dancing really makes me sick.

Sonnabend
    norepubsin08 (49 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 11:02 AM
    Response to Reply #90
    108. BULLSHIT There are so many Republican assholes that take glee in the death of Democrats (Remember Paul Wellstone)
    I do not remember ever seeing anything anywhere where any Republican or Conservative posted one fiftieth of the vitriol we have seen here..actually, they didnt post ANY.

and what they did to the mourners? Just remember it's one less Republican fucker that gets to vote in this falls election.
    I'd call you scum, but that would be insulting all scum everywhere

Also as far as family...he put himself out there and his wife didn't object to the big fat paycheck he making off of it!
    Translation: He made more money than me...waaaaaa.

pink-o Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 11:10 AM
    Response to Original message
    119. I found myself choking with tears when I first heard his cancer was back. And I despised Tony Snow! But that's what makes us liberals: we're supposed to be empathetic--and I thought about his wife and kids soldiering on without their dad. You knew when you saw him last year that he wasn't going to last much longer, regardless of the forced optimism.
    You are confusing empathetic with pathetic.

Anyway, my point is that you don't have to like or even respect someone to feel bad about their passing--not if you think of those who care about them, not if you've ever lost anyone close to you and you know how it feels! We can show respect for the living and not add to their pain. You wouldn't want it done to you, right????
    See below.

However...one caveat: if Dick Cheney were to die tomorrow, I'd probably gloat and grave-dance my ass off!! We must always rejoice when evil is removed and the citizens can come out into the light again.
    Ah yes, if we all "saw the light" and voted Democratic, there'd be candy canes and butterflies and people sitting in rings singing Kum bay Yah...when Saddam Hussien was gassing the Kurds and murdering his own people, you chose to stay silent.

When Idi Amin murdered millions, all you ever did was poiint to the "evil US"

While millions die in Darfur, why arent you in the streets? Where are all the protestors? Where are all the organsations? Where is Redford? Sheehan? Code Pink? Where is your outrage over Castro's atrocities?

Where are all the activists protesting about China's human rights violations?

Iran has the worlds largest execution rate, hangs gays, stones women to death, burns people alive for the crime of "witchcraft" and has openly called for the destruction of Israel?

What do we hear from the "empathetic Democratic Underground?"

What do we hear from that pathetic MoveOn?

Silence.

"Come into the light?"....if I followed your hypocrisy, that light at the end of a long dark tunnel would be the 8:15 express.