Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Sonnabend
    It's getting too close to election time. If this had happened any other time...
    DU will be in lockdown when McCain wins

Sonnabend
    Yep, the DU mods are on the job. Look at all the nasty posts they didnt delete

minnesota_liberal Donating Member (684 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 02:37 PM
    Response to Original message
    168. If he were still alive I could say ... that Tony was a filthy, lying bastard who devoted his later years to spewing propaganda for fascists and miscreants.

But since he just died, it would be rude to do anything except offer my condolences to his family.
    DerekG (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 06:42 PM
    Response to Original message
    200. Mr. Snow, meet Mr. Fire Another fascist bites the dust. None too soon.
    Yup, DU is the "compassionate liberal site"

Oregonian Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 01:13 PM
    Response to Reply #150
    153. Isn't that nice. A faithful Christian who enabled the slaughter of innocent Iraqis.

How Christian of him.

Sonnabend
    Joe Steel (29 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 08:26 AM
    Response to Reply #37
    40. Right now is the time.

My local hate radio station, right now, is broadcasting call after call from wingnuts who are lionizing Snow. If we let that kind of thing continue, it will become the Snow Legend. In the world of instant information we can't give lies a chance to grow. We have to crush them immediately.
    "But DU is for freedom of speech"..."we're the defenders of liberty"...

Riighttttt.....

I knew that when Snow died, the DUmmies would once again reveal what heartless animals they are.
    I'd say most of the DUmmies who keep saying Tony is in Hell are the ones who should themselves stock up on asbestos underwear, they'll definitely need it where they're going, while Tony Snow is hopefully being rewarded by God in Heaven for his humility and faith and devotion to others.

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    I swear, you can't get much lower than to just be a member of DU. These people disgust me. If you are still a member of a place where so many of the people are so hate filled and vile yet still choose to be a member, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    BEG, you said it so well. I never look at DU, as I feel that time on earth is precious. It's not worth wasting a second of precious life to look at that vile board.

I'm watching Fox now. They are having a beautiful testimony about Tony.

He was a true gentleman. That's the ultimate compliment. He was a gentleman and a good man. They are talking about how much he truly loved his wife and family.

Goldwater
    I've never visited DU and personally don't give a crap about it, some of the hammerings we give them are funnay tho lol.

I just couldn't go over there today. They make me sick.

Look what Keith Overblown said:

Statement from MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann:

Tony Snow was an optimistic, funny, and courageous man who could set aside his politics and inspire others to do the same. It might surprise many at all political points, but while we could not have disagreed more on policy, we were in frequent contact, even during his days as Press Secretary, even as I was criticizing his work and he was in his own words yelling at the screen as he watched. It was with great sadness that I heard of his death today, and with sincerity I extend my condolences and my staff's to his family. In the best of us, there is a difference between the message and the messenger, and Tony Snow epitomized that.

Eyelids
    Bush, Cheney, Snow and, hel,l every Republican in the United States:

I know I disagree with almost everything you stand for and our political ideologies are so far apart its ridiculous. I think the policies of the Bush Administration have been a colossal failure and I will celebrate the day he leaves office (even McCain is better than Bush). But, none of them deserve to die. Their policies may be misguided and disasterous but just because theyre screwed up doesnt mean they have earned the right to die miserably.

Also, its kind of funny that you guys go so crazy over this while people here openly speculate and hope for the assasination of Barack Obama.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Also, its kind of funny that you guys go so crazy over this while people here openly speculate and hope for the assasination of Barack Obama.
    Livin' in Nixonland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Bush, Cheney, Snow and, hel,l every Republican in the United States:

I missed that, and certainly don't agree with it. I wonder if your statement is actually in context. Like Wellstone, not for a second did I happy about his death. I didn't feel any desire to gloat. These people are total FREAKS.

You know, for some reason I thought DU might leave Snow's death alone. I thought possibly some class might emerge. What the hell was I thinking?