Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    DU will be in lockdown when McCain wins
    Lockdown or meltdown? :D

Sonnabend
    All things in good time :D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Lockdown or meltdown? :D
    Both, because the meltdown will initiate the lockdown. I hope the DUmp monkeys' loved ones (read: mommies) hide all the sharp objects in the house on election night. Otherwise Wednesday morning there might be a lot of blood-soaked keyboards.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Oregonian Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-12-08 01:13 PM
    Response to Reply #150
    153. Isn't that nice. A faithful Christian who enabled the slaughter of innocent Iraqis.

How Christian of him.
    So it's his fault Al Qaeda invaded Iraq in order to kill American troops and terrorize the Iraqi populace?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

As I watch some of the tributes to Tony Snow, and remember the same with Tim Russert, I'm struck by what comes across about the kind of people they were. And then I realize why the rabid politicos on DU act as they do. I think it's fairly obvious that Tony was pretty much a conservative and that Russert leaned toward liberal. But what they had in common as decent, hard working and family oriented people, shines through whatever their political beliefs were.

And the reason the ghouls over there have to denigrate them is because to them, you are defined by your politics. They don't like seeing that as the press follows their passing, it looks at them as the people they were more so than what their political philosophy was.

In the black and white world of the far left that DU represents, if your conservative, your evil. If your liberal and don't hate like they do, your a traitor. They don't want to know what a good guy Tony was, they don't like it pointed out that he was thoughful and friendly to all people, no matter how their views differed from his. They don't like the fact that although Russert may have been liberal, the news highlights his intense love of country, how he had a strong faith or the fact that he had good friends and was well liked on both sides.

One of the news stories about Snow refered to the thoughful tribute he gave Paul Wellstone after he died in the plane crash. Wellstone was obviously on the other side of the spectrum, but that didn't stop Snow from showing a magnanimous, genuinely felt sadness at the news of his death. And that most likely pisses them off even more so, because deep in side they know that don't have the strength of character to rise to that level of humanity.