Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    This might be a little late to chime in, but remember Hurricane Andrew? It formed on August 16 and made landfall on the 24th! Don't blow off the hurricane season just yet. (I'm not supporting the eco-wackos, just making a valid point.)
    Charley was August 13th, IIRC and all his buddies quickly followed. I don't ever feel in the clear until December since then.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

There is an area in the Atlantic that's forming up right now. Their already sending out recon aircraft to check it out.

At first glance though we here don't think it'll make landfall on the US. Don't hold me to that just yet though, still pretty far out to tell.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    There is an area in the Atlantic that's forming up right now. Their already sending out recon aircraft to check it out.

At first glance though we here don't think it'll make landfall on the US. Don't hold me to that just yet though, still pretty far out to tell.
    Shhhhhh!:mad:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Hmmm... with the data they got from the aircraft, they aren't gonna call it a storm just yet, but the NHC is saying it's got the potential to form into a Tropical Storm at any moment. No other tropical cyclones are expected to be capable of forming over the next 48 hours.