Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TOTD: tried competitive drinking for a while which is hard to do by ones self. Organizing thoughts, then taking my pain killers so I have to re-organize them. Was gonna start blogging but my computer skills consist of being able to turn it on and off. I keep trying to join clubs and orgs, but am regularly told that "we are all full-up... but we'll call YOU if anything changes." Apparently nothings changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Cool overnight. It will probably be in the seventies for the high today. Nice day here at the Alamo.

I'm waiting for the start of Stage 8 of the Tour de France. They caught a guy doping (cheating) in the Tour yesterday. Good for them. I hope they catch the all and ban them from the sport.

Right now a fishing show is on Versus. A guy just caught a really big fish, and then let it go. I don't get it?

We're going for a hike today up in the Smokies. I love the weekend.

TOTD: Creativity. What is your creative outlet? I like to write fiction and poetry. I've never had anything published but I still press onward. You can't get published without submissions, and you can't make submissions until you actually finish a piece, and you can't finish the piece unless you write.

But, there can be many forms of creativity: gardening, cooking, building something, etc...

Writing is my outlet. What's yours?
    Very cool TOTD, BD. By the way, I'd love to read some of your stories, dude. My creative outlet is writing as well, and hopefully one day a full-time career. I've had some success and had several short stories published in various small-press publications, in print and online. I'm trying--maybe not as much as I should, honestly--to pull myself out of this damned rut I've been in for a while and finish my novel (well, it IS finished as far as the first draft...a whopping 632-page paper weight...in revision-hell right now).

Despite that...I love writing stories, even if they may be gruesomely offensive to most people! :D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

TOTD: done a little of many things - written, cross stitch, Crochet, painted, calligraphy, LOTS.

Yeah, no storms so I am headed into the pool. See ya later!

TOTD: I write a lot of poetry. I've sent out a bunch of submissions this year so keep your fingers crossed for me! :)
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

TOTD: I love to cook---although have so many cook books, I generally like to "invent" my own recipes. The little garden surrounding the patio behind the bedroom is a special joy. It changes each season. Hopefully, next year I won't have to buy any additional plants. This year it only has perennials. It's a blend of blue, purple and yellow flowers.

I was editor of the zoo's newsletter for over 10 years. I loved to write the stories for it, but after all that unpaid work, it became a burden to constantly cajole volunteers to contribute. I've temporarily lost my voice with the writing. I hope to some day get over the burnout.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I'm too tired to participate but perhaps y'all need a kick for Saturday night.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Celebrated Young Master Logan's 2nd birthday today, even though it was actually yesterday.:)

TOTD: Classic vehicle restoration. Takes about a year to do it right. Find all the parts, vendors, do the assembly - per the factory manual, custom, or both. Many challenges and many, many rewards.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Very cool TOTD, BD. By the way, I'd love to read some of your stories, dude. My creative outlet is writing as well, and hopefully one day a full-time career. I've had some success and had several short stories published in various small-press publications, in print and online. I'm trying--maybe not as much as I should, honestly--to pull myself out of this damned rut I've been in for a while and finish my novel (well, it IS finished as far as the first draft...a whopping 632-page paper weight...in revision-hell right now).

Despite that...I love writing stories, even if they may be gruesomely offensive to most people! :D
    Why not post a short story of yours just as an example of your style ?