Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pray at the Pump??? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!! I saw this in the paper this morning and found this on the papers website...

http://videos.stltoday.com/p/video?id=1993944

I guess it can't hurt. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Guess it could help. I doubt it, though.

Eyelids
    If god actually listens to these prayers he gets knocked down a peg.

Sonnabend
    If god actually listens to these prayers he gets knocked down a peg.
    I keep praying you'll grow a brain. We all have our disappointments in life.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    I keep praying you'll grow a brain. We all have our disappointments in life.
    He does have a point, with all the problems in the world why would God make gas prices his priority?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    He does have a point, with all the problems in the world why would God make gas prices his priority?
    Somehow I doubt if God micromanages to that degree, but it wouldn't hurt if he'd intervene just a tad to hurt the people who truly can't afford those prices. :)
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'm rather torn here. On the one hand, we are supposed to take our troubles to God in prayer. Gas prices are a trouble, no doubt about that. But watching the video, I don't see them praying for a change in the factors that have caused the high gas prices, like the small group who controls the majority of the oil, stupid domestic policies that keep us from getting our own darn oil and making our own darn gas, and the whole speculator mess. Instead it looks like they are just praying for the signs to miraculously change or something. Standing around the gas pumps and adjusting hymns to the gas prices doesn't exactly project the image of a church that understands the situation, but instead looks like the "if we sit back and pray instead of being instruments of change, God will act" church.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Power CUer
    I've never seen consumer prices as a reason for prayer, and if I did I would pray for Jimmy Choo stiletto sandals to go on sale before I would bother with gas prices.

Banned
    Given the source of significant amounts of our oil, perhaps it would be better to pray to Allah than to Jehovah.

In CA at Arco stations - if you pick your nose prior to pumping, you’ll get your ass kicked. Want to waste time at the pump? Move to Iowa. Now get the Hell out of my way!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)