Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why the Town Hall Ruckus REALLY does not Matter 
    Banned
    http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/in...o-health-care/

The healthcare debate is as boring and stupid as every other debate in the United States. Republicans accuse the administration of plotting to impose socialized medicine and compulsory euthanasia, while Democrats retort that their critics, who have not read the proposed legislation, are resorting to demagoguery because they have no effective counter-argument. Suffice it to say that both sides are lying, though some of the mud they are slinging is tacky enough to stick to the wall.

Of course the Republicans have not read the bill, but, then, neither has the President or most Democrats in Congress. Politicians do not read bills or think thoughts. It is their votes that are bought, not the minds they do not have. All that counts is what side they are on and who has bought it.

I really cannot bring myself to care who says what about whom. If Palin and Gingrich are to be the standard-bearers of any conservative movement, we had better ignore the entire issue and do something useful. Read the poems of Leconte de Lisle, smoke a cigar, say nice things to pretty women in a bar, take your kids fishing. Do anything, but enjoy yourself while you can.

The rudeness of the protestors is appalling. Yes, I know I know, the Left does it all the time. Leftists also do drugs and murder their babies. If this is the freedom of speech protected in the First Amendment, then damn Jemmy Madison and the Congress that passed the Bill of Rights. Just in case you were not already revolted by democracy American-style—the tyranny of demagogues based on consent of the stupid—we have the spectacle of these Town Hall meetings. What is there to get excited about? Yes, they are spending the country into the poorhouse, and yes we shall undoubtedly have an even worse system of medical care.......................

These people are not especially cruel. Zeke Emmanuel may be a perfectly kind man, as he claims to be, but there is no escaping the logic of Garret Hardin and Dick Lamm—honest men, both of them. In treating human life as organic material, they will find it necessary to distinguish between healthy, productive organisms (babies who are wanted by their parents–by whom they will be given proper indoctrination–and who will grow up to contribute to the IRS) and so much Soylent Green. That is the path they have walked part-way down in the Netherlands, but we can and will go much farther.

“That’s just what we’re saying,” scream the lying conservatives. But it is not. Apart from a few radical libertarians, conservatives support some form of the welfare state, some form of socialized medicine. The only questions they ask are questions of quality: How much? How costly? How fast? Without faith or joy in their lives, they too are obsessed with keeping their carcass out of the jaws of death. The only practical solutions would be quite simple—break up the government regulated insurance monopolies, set up Health Savings Accounts, provide low-cost basic treatment for the poorer classes, and, most important, give up the delusion that we can live forever.................................

As a people we have become so servile that we expect institutions to take care of us from birth to daycare to schools to college to support groups to hospices. Death with dignity cannot be managed in a government subsidized hospice that encourages you to anaesthetize yourself to death, listening to their bland professional reassurances. If I cannot die as a human being, with my loved ones gathered about me listening for the last pearls of wisdom to come slobbering out of my toothless gums, at least let me die as an animal. The song has it exactly wrong: I would like to be buried out on the lone prairie, where the coyotes howl and the wind blows free. In the meantime, I intend to live, not just to avoid death. As the fine old tribute to Rye Whiskey has it:

Literally EVERYBODY at those toenhalls is liberal , must most are so miseducated that they don't even know they are liberals.

Might as well put something worth looking at in this thread.

rm -rf obama*

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    New Haven’s Poor Little Lambs
    Thomas Fleming

"This critter is a wolf in a sheep's wool !He reads like a bleeding Liberal/
    Progressive ."

The Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in favor of white firemen who claim to be victims of discrimination gives us an opportunity to attempt a little political casuistry, even before we have finished outlining a set of essential principles. It is not the details of the case that matter—what do I care about what happens in New Haven—but the rationale for making moral and political decisions.

The easiest way to begin is by ruling out false principles. One of the white firemen, a dyslexic, declared the ruling a victory for the principle that people should be judged as individuals and not as members of a group. This is utter nonsense, as he would acknowledge if the shoe were on the other foot. I can only imagine what he would say if people with learning disabilities were not accorded special privileges and resources in school! We are the creatures of the social groups in which our characters are formed, and it is only natural for me to support my group, even if this means discrimination against yours.

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/in...homas-fleming/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]New Haven’s Poor Little Lambs
    Thomas Fleming

"This critter is a wolf in a sheep's wool !He reads like a bleeding Liberal/
    Progressive ."

Nah he just tells age old truths that the hannity/limbaugh talking points dumbed down faux conservative is simply not up to understanding

http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/in...-little-lambs/

...................A related principle is of the historic responsibilities—guilt or merit—of communities. The fatuous theory of individualism, in denying group privileges, would also eliminate inherited guilt. Most of us think we are opposed to inherited guilt and we act as if we were with the one exception of the group that defines the identity that provides us with privileges. Where would Jews be without the Holocaust or complaints against Christian anti-Semitism? Where would the Irish be without the Potato Famine and the everlasting whining about signs reading, “Men Wanted: No Irish Need Apply”? Or Blacks without slavery? We are who we are not so much through our own merits or failings—though they play a significant part—as through inheritance from our parents and ancestors. For good and ill, America was at is best the creation of British and Northern Europeans who established the rule of law and the habits of diligence and thrift that have enabled later immigrants to thrive. Hardworking and intelligent parents are more likely to turn out children who become successful than lazy and stupid parents. It is simply not normal to respect a wealthy man who has inherited money from a father who was a gangster or crook. In a wholesome society, the sons of Joe Kennedy would not be allowed into a decent person’s home, much less elected to high office.

So, if blacks and Mexicans owned and operated New Haven, we should expect them to act on their own behalf. But, in fact, they transparently do not own and operate New Haven, which is actually controlled by a white elite, some of whose power is based on the ability to manipulate minorities and thus to suppress the upwardly mobile European ethnics. Some of the elite is a residue of the old Yankee WASP elite; some are Jews, and some are converts from the European ethnics, children of parents stupid enough to send them to Ivy League schools that destroyed their minds and characters. Like other members of the American Elite, the people who run Connecticut are anti-Christian leftists who despise all our country’s traditions. Instinctively, they aim at power through the shortest route possible—today, that is minority politicking and Marxism—but most of them appear genuine in their leftism. They really do think that black firemen fail intelligence tests because of the history of racism and discrimination.

No matter. The point is that New Haven is no more a “community” than New York City or the United States. It is a conglomeration of competing ethnic groups and social classes. When WASPS and Jews discriminate against Micks and Polacks, they are not failing in allegiance to their ethnic group, because they do not share ethnicity with Catholic ethnics. There is no moral community in which people are obliged to treat each other fairly. And, where there is no moral community, there is no social or political community. Since it is every group for itself, it often turns out to be every man for himself. That is the way American society works or rather does not work, because there is no American society.....................

rm -rf obama*

Get a refund. It doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Get a refund. It doesn't work.
    Maybe I should do like the government and just use more of it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PALEOCON View Post
    Nah he just tells age old truths that the hannity/limbaugh talking points dumbed down faux conservative is simply not up to understanding
    The O and the Dummiecrats are getting their asses kicked on health care, spending, deficits and liberals are too stupid to understand. Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    The O and the Dummiecrats are getting their asses kicked on health care, spending, deficits and liberals are too stupid to understand. Priceless.
    But in the meantime they are driving us into insurmountable debt. money less