View Poll Results: Do You Believe In Life After Death?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my religon is clear on this.

32 56.14%
  • Yes, but not for everyone.

2 3.51%
  • Yes, but I'm hazy on the details.

7 12.28%
  • I have no idea.

6 10.53%
  • Sort of, it's probably some kind of reincarnation.

4 7.02%
  • No, we just die.

6 10.53%
  • The Jooooos!

0 0%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Do You Believe In Life After Death? Poll. 
    The Tony Snow news got me thinking.

Do you believe in life after death? If so, in what way? Is there a Great White Throne Judgment or will we been reborn as spiders or Communists? Do we just rot? Do dogs have souls? Do we?
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 07-12-2008 at 11:40 AM.

My religious beliefs firmly establish that there is life after death and what I need to do in this reality for a blissful existence after I reach the clearing at the end of the path.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    I know where I am going when I am called home.
    I know who will be waiting for me when I get there.

I believe there is a continuation of life after we leave this world. I believe we will all answer to the Judge for our actions in this world. I believe that all those who are of His church, who know His voice, will live with Him forever, regardless of anything on this earth.

As for animals having souls, I don't know, but the Bible tells us that "all things for our happiness are provided" in Heaven. Coming from a family stuffed full of animal lovers, I find it hard to believe that they aren't in Heaven, too.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    My religious beliefs firmly establish that there is life after death and what I need to do in this reality for a blissful existence after I reach the clearing at the end of the path.
    MY religious beliefs are much the same as FlaGator's but I also believe all will rise in resurrected body's when they die !Some to everlasting joy in GOD'S presence and some to total isolation and the absence of GOD forever !That is the essence of hell !

Although we don't go to any particular church, I deeply feel that there is a life after death. Perhaps it's the result of it being pounded into my head when I went to parochial school through 6th grade, but I do believe it.

I felt it when my mom died. She had the expression on her face that she was going Home and was at peace. There have been too many stories of people with near-death situations that I feel they can't all be invented.

As far as animals, I believe God is a greyt and loving God, who loved the animals. Somehow I (some would think foolishly) think that we will be reunited with our beloved pets.

Goldwater
    I hope theres life after death, I don't know theres life after death.

Eyelids
    I think theres something waiting for us on the other end, but it's probably beyond our realm of comprehension. There is an odd thing that can give our jumbled bag of atoms life... and I just dont know whether than dies or not.

Sonnabend
    I think theres something waiting for us on the other end, but it's probably beyond our realm of comprehension. There is an odd thing that can give our jumbled bag of atoms life... and I just dont know whether than dies or not.
    In your case? Take lots of 40 strength sunblock and asbestos underwear.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    In your case? Take lots of 40 strength sunblock and asbestos underwear.
    You sure are good at swating these irksome critters down !