1. #1 Heavy metal spelling quiz! 
    All right Linda here we go! Umlaut this!

Today’s Lunchtime Quiz at mental_floss is for heavy metal fans and spelling buffs. An umlaut is those two dots above a letter that find their way into a lot of band names. Can you pick out the correct placement of the world’s heaviest diacritic in each band name? Difficulty: Some names don’t even have an umlaut. I scored 40%, which involved mostly guessing.
    :o I got 2 correct.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

The Heavy Metal Umlaut Quiz
    Score: 40% (4 out of 10)
    These fake marks don't follow any real Germanic or Nordic conventions so it was a matter of remembering a few band names and just wild guessing at the others.

I got 5.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    I got 3 and the only one I ever heard of was Motley Crue

Power CUer
    I got 4 correct, not bad since I'd never heard of some of the bands and didn't like most of the others. I did not think "Spinal Tap" had any, and now that I've done a google search, I sitll don't see any - so I am claiming a moral 50% correct.

I heard Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" yesterday for the first time in years. Did they ever do ANYthing else?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I got 4 correct, not bad since I'd never heard of some of the bands and didn't like most of the others. I did not think "Spinal Tap" had any, and now that I've done a google search, I sitll don't see any - so I am claiming a moral 50% correct.

I heard Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" yesterday for the first time in years. Did they ever do ANYthing else?
    Hoo boy! of course they did! Back in the day, they were called Soft White Underbelly and played in clubs on Long Island!

Here is a famous one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFRZxyh0vDU

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    "Don't Fear the Reaper" is the only thing that ever turns up on oldies stations. It's hardly what I'd call metal, anyway.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I only got 4, but I know who 7 of the bands are!
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!