1. #1 Summer Beers For Every Occasion! 
    Sixpack: Feel the burn this summer . . . with beer

By Joe Sixpack
    Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Beer Reporter

THE SUMMER beer season is upon us and you're still not ready to show off your six-pack?
    Can't fit into last year's keg? Didn't achieve the proper shade of tan at your friendly indoor drinking salon? Ashamed of your can?

You need Joe Sixpack's Summer Shape-up Plan!

Five steps to a better belly

1. Clear out your winter brews. Sipping those heavy ales is like wearing an overcoat in August. Move 'em to the auxiliary fridge and don't worry - they're hearty enough to last till next fall.

2. Go shopping. Summer fashions are on the shelves. This year's hot trend: Belgian-style wheat beer.

3. Stick to your diet. Remember, summer beer is best when it's fresh, so don't bulk up on extra cases. You don't want to be stuck with last year's look in '09.

4. Pump up. There's nothing better than fresh draft beer at a party, served from a cold keg. Look for a sixtel - it's just one-third the size of a half-keg and serves about 50 12-ounce cups of your favorite ale.

5. Have a summer fling. Go ahead, try a fruit beer or a heady hefeweizen. Don't worry, you can go back to your old ball-'n-chain after Labor Day.

Outdoor sports

Pull on your sneakers and get active this summer. (Remember, always stretch for the opener before engaging in vigorous exercise.)

_ Biking

Cyclists traditionally fill their bottles with a radler (or shandy). Try Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, or make your own: one part Radeberger pilsner to one part lemonade.

_ Lawn-mowing

Dunk Anchor Summer into a bucket of ice water, then tell your lazy kid to cut the grass.

_ Poolside lounging

Don't risk cutting your bare feet on broken bottles, grab a can of Sly Fox Royal Weisse or Dale's Pale Ale.

_ Softball

You won't get lost on your way to second base even after three or four bottles of Flying Fish Farmhouse Summer Ale (just 4.5 percent alcohol).

_ Grilling

A Belgian-style saison will stand up to anything that Kingsford can burn. Try Heavy Seas Red Sky at Night or Fantome Saison.
    Finally! Sensible advice of interest to the ordinary person. And Dale's Pale Ale is a fine beverage, you can believe me. :D

Bravo For Beer!

Keep the fruit beers away from me. There is no reason to ever mix the two.

I love wheat beer. I hate the beer gut I am getting though. :o

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"

Shock Top is really good. It is a Belgian White beer. It probably breaks the rules of mixing fruity tastes in a beer though.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Pabst is pretty good.

Also, cyclists like 40 oz cans of cheap malt liquor too cause they fit so easy in the back of a jersey.

Look out for the Bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Pabst is pretty good.

Also, cyclists like 40 oz cans of cheap malt liquor too cause they fit so easy in the back of a jersey.

Look out for the Bull...
    This confirms that you not from Colorado. All cyclists out here are Puritans. They drink spring water hand-carried by virgins to holy temples where the water is magically infused with Gaia's Goodness before being flown by sacred unicorns to Whole Foods. :p

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap1 View Post
    This confirms that you not from Colorado. All cyclists out here are Puritans. They drink spring water hand-carried by virgins to holy temples where the water is magically infused with Gaia's Goodness before being flown by sacred unicorns to Whole Foods. :p

Yeah, that's true, but in a pinch, we'll drink anything. Where in Colorado do they find ...um...virgins? Are they imported?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Yeah, that's true, but in a pinch, we'll drink anything. Where in Colorado do they find ...um...virgins? Are they imported?
    Colorado Springs - home of Focus on the Family.:p

It;s a sad time for St Louis area. The eeevil brewery from Belgium, ImBev, is trying to take over Anheuser Busch. We can't lose our Clydesdales and our brewery, whine whine. It's on the front page of the local paper almost every day.