Thread: We need a good recipe for hot dogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 We need a good recipe for hot dogs! 
    We have 6 packs of hot dogs left over from a barbecue party we threw over the weekend, and we need to find something to do with them!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sausages Grilled Beer-Simmered

about 3 pounds uncooked sausages, such as sweet or hot Italian sausages, bratwurst, chorizo, linguica, or any other hot dog sausages you prefer
    1 onion, thinly sliced
    3 cups beer
    About 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    Mustard

1. Prick each sausage with a needle or pin stuck in a cork. Arrange the onion slices

on the bottom of a sauté pan just large enough to hold all the sausages. Place the sausages on top and add beer and water to cover (the ratio should be about 3 parts beer to 1 part water).

Place the pan over medium heat and gradually bring the liquid to a simmer, not a rapid boil. Poach the sausages until half-cooked, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a rack on a baking sheet to drain or drain in a colander. Separate the sausages into links.

2. Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat .brush and oil the grill grate. Lightly brush the sausages on all sides with oil and place on the hot grate.

Grill until the casings are crisp and nicely browned
    and the sausages are cooked through,4 to 6 minutes per side.

You may want to rotate the sausages 90 degrees after 2 minutes on each side to create an attractive crosshatch of grill marks. Should flare-ups arise, move the sausages to a different section of the grill. Use a slender metal skewer to test for doneness. Insert it into the center of one of the sausages: It should come out hot to the touch. Transfer the sausages to plates or a platter and let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with plenty of mustard.

If you omit the poaching, you'll need to grill the sausages 7 to 10 minutes per side.For absolutely foolproof sausage grilling, use the indirect method. The sausages will be fully cooked in about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    We have 6 packs of hot dogs left over from a barbecue party we threw over the weekend, and we need to find something to do with them!
    Man, I'd have to search hard for the recipe, but I think I half cooked some bacon, wrapped the dogs with the bacon. Then I made a homemade slaw. Grill the dogs till bacon is crisp, put buns on grill add cheese, take off add the dog and some slaw and dig in!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

We used to mix sauerkrout and grated potatos with some bacon and sliced hotdogs and put them in the crock pot all afternoon. sprinkle a little ground mustard and cellery seed on it too.

All excellent suggestions!! I think I'll try the bacon wrapped dogs and imagine I'm eating fillet Mignon!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

All excellent suggestions!! I think I'll try the bacon wrapped dogs and imagine I'm eating fillet Mignon!
    Old fashioned tube steaks! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

What kind of hot dogs are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What kind of hot dogs are they?
    They are Hebrew National.. That's the only ones I'll buy because I believe their standards are higher having to be Kosher.

They are Hebrew National.. That's the only ones I'll buy because I believe their standards are higher having to be Kosher.
    Those are the ones God gave to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Hot dogs don't get better!

gator
    Boil the hotdogs in water first. Then put them in a deep fryer for a couple of minutes. They are great that way.

Don't forget to use celery salt.