1. #1 Republicans Don't Matter. 
    link

Zenlitened Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-18-09 10:16 PM
    Original message
    REPUBLICANS DON'T MATTER. Updated at 9:56 PM

Lesson learned, finally? Republicans don't matter.

They had a chance to participate, more of a chance than they deserved, IMO.

And they themselves have shown they've got nothing worthwhile to contribute. Just endless whining, posturing, and poisonous lies lies lies.

So... so long, shitheels. There's important work to be done, and we've no more time to waste with you.

Republicans don't matter.

Democrats Seem Set to Go Alone on a Health Bill

By CARL HULSE and JEFF ZELENY (New York Times)
    Published: August 18, 2009

WASHINGTON — Given hardening Republican opposition to Congressional health care proposals, Democrats now say they see little chance of the minority’s cooperation in approving any overhaul, and are increasingly focused on drawing support for a final plan from within their own ranks.

Top Democrats said Tuesday that their go-it-alone view was being shaped by what they saw as Republicans’ purposely strident tone against health care legislation during this month’s Congressional recess, as well as remarks by leading Republicans that current proposals were flawed beyond repair.

More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/health/policy/19repub...
    It's......I don't know........amusing that the far left believes their own rhetoric that they are the majority and EVERYONE except the far right "extremists" want the single payer, public health care plan. They really think that there will be no consequences if the Dems follow through with this....especially if they take it through "reconciliation" as they want.

I don't know, the Dems could still do it and there's not much we can do about it. But if the town hall meetings and the polls are accurate it will not be welcome news by the majority of the people in the US.
    waiting for hope Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    3. Hey - the last 8 years the meme was that

Democrats don't matter, and if you vote for one, you're a terrorist. I'm tired of the bi-partisanship here, fuck 'em.
    NewJeffCT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-18-09 10:19 PM
    4. good - take it through reconciliation

and pass it with 50 votes & Biden.
    Zenlitened Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-18-09 10:36 PM
    7. Yep, and when they complain about being marginalized... Updated at 9:56 PM

... and they WILL complain -- complaining is What They Do... they can be reminded that they have no one but themselves to blame.

In the meantime, they can go to their rooms and think about what they've done to deserve a time-out.

When they're ready to behave like responsible human beings again, when they can go five minutes without throwing tantrums, telling lies and generally making everyone else miserable... THEN they can come down and rejoin society.
    NRaleighLiberal Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    8. Can I repeat it? REPUBLICANS DON'T MATTER. Absolute music!
    unblock (1000+ posts
    9. conservative views are plenty well represented already within the democratic party

Edited on Tue Aug-18-09 11:14 PM by unblock
    we ARE the two-party system. at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

It's......I don't know........amusing that the far left believes their own rhetoric that they are the majority and EVERYONE except the far right "extremists" want the single payer, public health care plan. They really think that there will be no consequences if the Dems follow through with this....especially if they take it through "reconciliation" as they want.

I don't know, the Dems could still do it and there's not much we can do about it. But if the town hall meetings and the polls are accurate it will not be welcome news by the majority of the people in the US.
    The question is could we undo it? It would take years to implement perhaps it could be stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The question is could we undo it? It would take years to implement perhaps it could be stopped!
    I don't think we could undo it.. I don't think there's any record of a failed government program that's been discontinued.. They just continue to throw money at it.. Take Social Security, for example..

Once it's enacted It will be wielded as a weapon during elections... "Don't vote for the Republicans-they'll take away your health insurance.." Just like the political groups in Europe use it..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I don't think we could undo it.. I don't think there's any record of a failed government program that's been discontinued.. They just continue to throw money at it.. Take Social Security, for example..

Once it's enacted It will be wielded as a weapon during elections... "Don't vote for the Republicans-they'll take away your health insurance.." Just like the political groups in Europe use it..
    From what I am seeing it has about 20% support and I have heard it would take several years to implement.

I have a suspicion that in the next general election we're going to find out just how 'marginalized' conservatives are.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Like your guys would even try.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Like your guys would even try.
    Sadly too true.
    May the FORCE be with you!

'Just endless whining, posturing, and poisonous lies lies lies.'
    'when they can go five minutes without throwing tantrums, telling lies and generally making everyone else miserable'

Those both sound more like liberals, especially DUmmies, than conservatives (Especially the parts about whining and throwing tantrums).