Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kansas and Missourri, hunker down tonight. 
    If your in Eastern Kansas, or Missouri, I'd keep your radio on all night. It's going to be several shades of vicious out there. Theres already a massive tornado just to the east of Witchita, and 2-3 inch hail is falling everywhere.
    Last edited by djones520; 08-19-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    If your in Eastern Kansas, or Missouri, I'd keep your radio on all night. It's going to be several shades of vicious out there. Theres already a massive tornado just to the east of Witchita, and 2-3 inch hail is falling everywhere.
    Do you think it will hit the STL Metro Area, including the base?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I don't think we'll see anything as bad as they are, but there is the possibility that a rogue tornado could occur. Hail, not so much.

It just blew through SE Kansas...a lot of rain and wind, but nothing else. It's heading your way, but I don't think it can maintain all the way to St Louis, SLW. On the other hand, who knows? Looking at the entire US on radar, you can see this system stretches all the way up to the Great Lakes...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

The energy is definitely there to sustain it. I think the worst of it will pass north of St. Louis though, like it did this morning.

The storm is hitting me hard right now. Lot's of lightning and very high winds. There will probably be tree damage in the morning!

In our area, had lots of rain in the evening, thunder, a branch down from the tree, nothing serious. We were very lucky.

Glad you didn't have any damage, Mrs. Smith.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    In our area, had lots of rain in the evening, thunder, a branch down from the tree, nothing serious. We were very lucky.

Glad you didn't have any damage, Mrs. Smith.
    Yeah, me too. :D I'm glad you didn't have much...you've had way too many tree-related disasters anyway!
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Yeah, me too. :D I'm glad you didn't have much...you've had way too many tree-related disasters anyway!
    :D Yeah, the trees musn't like me. The last one at least was the tree of good luck. It did enough damage that it mostly will pay for a new roof through the insurance. The prevous 3 incidents weren't reported at all, just paid for the damage ourselves. I didn't want to get hit with a higher homeowner insurance bill, but the last one I couldn't ignore. It did too much damage. We had been procrastinating getting a new roof as the estimates kept getting higher. They cited the increased cost of the shingles, due to higher cost of petroleum based products. Funny thing, none of them seemed to lower those bids after the gas went from $4 a gallon to current prices. Now I'm glad that we waited.

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    :D Yeah, the trees musn't like me. The last one at least was the tree of good luck. It did enough damage that it mostly will pay for a new roof through the insurance. The prevous 3 incidents weren't reported at all, just paid for the damage ourselves. I didn't want to get hit with a higher homeowner insurance bill, but the last one I couldn't ignore. It did too much damage. We had been procrastinating getting a new roof as the estimates kept getting higher. They cited the increased cost of the shingles, due to higher cost of petroleum based products. Funny thing, none of them seemed to lower those bids after the gas went from $4 a gallon to current prices. Now I'm glad that we waited.
    Just like every other product. Everything went up while gas was high, nothing has come back down. :mad:

If I were you, the next house I owned would have NO trees. :D:D
    -
    -
    -