Thread: McKinney running for president as Green candidate

1. #1 McKinney running for president as Green candidate 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1111!!!!!

Dear God!!!! :D

McKinney, 53, held off three rivals to win the party's nomination during its convention in Chicago, Illinois. She picked journalist and activist Rosa Clemente as her running mate.

Green Party spokeswoman Scott McLarty acknowledged McKinney was a "long shot" for the White House, but said, "Every vote that she gets helps the Green Party."

"The United States needs an alternative party," McLarty said. "The narrow two-party system we have right now has not served us very well."
    May the FORCE be with you!

You know, this could make the race interesting. There are a lot of disaffected Dems this year. Wonder if the Green party might actually get double digits in certain states as a result.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You know, this could make the race interesting. There are a lot of disaffected Dems this year. Wonder if the Green party might actually get double digits in certain states as a result.
    Are people really going to do that again? Perot did it to conservatives and Nader did it to liberals.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I think she should go back to this hair style....

:p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Gosh, I dumped all my McKinney pics from my photobucket too soon!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Are people really going to do that again? Perot did it to conservatives and Nader did it to liberals.
    I don't know. The Green Party now has a reputation as a "spoiler" party and Dems were very angry at Nader for being a spoiler. On the other hand, the anti-DNC feeling is so strong right now among centrist Dems that McKinney might be seen as a preferable alternative to voting for Obama or McCain. A lot depends on how McCain handles his campaign and his VP choice. (Fiorina has her pros and cons, but she might just be able to pull it off. Of course, the board of HP might have a different reaction)