Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pork chops on the grill 
    Yes the grill! I BBQ grilled these on a gas grill! They came out great as usual!

Served with a pasta salad, some sweet vidalia onion relish and some garlic lemon wine sauce!(store bought)! :D

Some 1/2" thick pork chops
    Rub: roesmary,crushed red pepper, oregano, minced garlic, lemon zest, onion powder, paprika and S&P.
    EVOO

Heat grill to medium.

Brush chops with EVOO and sprinkle your rub on both sides.
    Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side till about 165 degrees. take off grill and tent with foil for 10 minutes.
    Eat like a king!

BBQ grilling!

Ooooh, I'm stuffed!

Wasn't that easy!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

gator
    Tough little buggers, weren't they? Don't lie.

The better way to cook them is in a covered pan in the oven at low temp to make them nice and tender.

You really have a fixation on that gas grill, don't you?

A gas grill is a hot dry heat souce and not all that good for cooking. They are only toys for backyard wannabe cooks. Except for a couple of clowns like Bobby Flay when do you ever see a professional cook use a gas grill? Nobody that has to sell their food to the public.

When you get ready to really learn about cooking then you will put way your little toy and get serious.

I keep my grill around as an emergency heat souce in case of a huricane. I hardly ever use it. There are very few foods that taste better cooked on a grill than cooked other ways. Even steaks are better cooked on a stove than on a grill.

You have lots to learn, grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post

The better way to cook them is in a covered pan in the oven at low temp to make them nice and tender.

A gas grill is a hot dry heat souce and not all that good for cooking. They are only toys for backyard wannabe cooks. Except for a couple of clowns like Bobby Flay when do you ever see a professional cook use a gas grill? Nobody that has to sell their food to the public.

When you get ready to really learn about cooking then you will put way your little toy and get serious.

I keep my grill around as an emergency heat souce in case of a huricane. I hardly ever use it. There are very few foods that taste better cooked on a grill than cooked other ways. Even steaks are better cooked on a stove than on a grill.

Blasphemy! Did you say a steak is better done in an oven than a grill!!!?
    Oh Gator you do have to sample some of my stuff! I am almost ready to go to the range, not next week but the friday after, I want to go. I want you to help me zero in the Grendel at 500 yds and I will bring some Chili for breaktime! I'll call you to set it up. You can pan the chile when we are done! Untill then, untill you have sampled some good food refrain from your drivel! :D
    I will bring chili to impress your buds at the range, if they are impressed you must bow! :D

No, I took them off at 155 and then tented them, juicy is what comes to mind as we were eating them!
    I've already posted the one pot meal with pork chops and that comes out juicy too. Look at the pics! That was not a dry chop!

The chops look great. Just like I like then, juicy.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Blasphemy! Did you say a steak is better done in an oven than a grill!!!?
    Oh Gator you do have to sample some of my stuff! I am almost ready to go to the range, not next week but the friday after, I want to go. I want you to help me zero in the Grendel at 500 yds and I will bring some Chili for breaktime! I'll call you to set it up. You can pan the chile when we are done! Untill then, untill you have sampled some good food refrain from your drivel! :D
    I will bring chili to impress your buds at the range, if they are impressed you must bow! :D
    I don't do drivel. I only speak the truth.

The best way to cook a steak is to sear it on very high heat in a cast iron skillet and then put it in the oven to cook to desired doneness. That is the way most restuaurants do it including most of the best steakhouses in America.

I don't ever cook steaks on the grill anymore because it taste much better to do it right on the stove. Cooking on a gas grill makes it too dry.

Ingredients

1 boneless rib eye steak, 1 1/2-inch thick
    Canola oil to coat
    Kosher salt and ground black pepper

Directions

Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.

When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.

Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)

Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Serve whole or slice thin and fan onto plate.

Try doing it that way sometime. It will be be the best cooked steak you ever had. You will not go back to drying the steak out on a gas grill. If you do it right you will know why places like Berns and Ruth Crist do steaks that way instead of cooking on a grill.

I will be leaving to go out to the range in a few minutes. I am into reloading now and I bought a chronograph so I will be testing out my loads. It looks like a great day to be at the range. I look forward to us going out and I will help you zero the AR.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Those chops look greyt Pat. I've got three nice size ones left
    and I was thinking of grilling them also.

I always use a good marinade and let em soak in it. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I may have a cow to butcher soon. I am already fixed pretty fair on meat.

The oven just heats up the house, which is fine during the winter.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well, as stated I made 3 nice big marinated chops on the grill
    tonight and they were juicy...very juicy.

Apparently...someone doesn't have the skills to do this on a gas grill and
    just likes to bad talk those of us that do...;):D
    May the FORCE be with you!