Hybrid View

1. #1 REL: Christ: Immaculately Concieved? 
    Eyelids
    I'm of the assumption that there is no middle ground between the two. If you have an argument to refute this basic assumption, please feel free to do so.

Night Owl said that words alone are insufficient to prove a fact. This is absurdity to the extreme. Most people do not doubt the existence of the Roman Empire, the proof of which is solely based on words. The fact of Jesus' immaculate conception has been independently verified by various sources. The fact that they were compiled into the Bible does not negate their value.

Historical writings of Jesus' immaculate conception don't exist outside of religious writings, because those that were witness to God's work became his servants and preached the truth of Jesus Christ.
    Well there is physical evidence of the Roman Empire. Also, its kind of against everything I've ever been taught that a human being can be created without two opposite sex humans fucking each other 9 months prior.

So you don't know who the Immaculate Conception was?

No.

The Immaculate Conception refers to the singular status of Mary at her conception. The term has no meaning within Christian theology when applied to Christ.

Thanks for playing, though.

Um......the Immaculate Conception is about Mary being free from original sin from birth.

Dumbass! lol

Sonnabend
    Also, its kind of against everything I've ever been taught that a human being can be created without two opposite sex humans fucking each other 9 months prior.
    Parthenogenesis is a scientific fact.

And in this context, EyeDontHaveaClue, it refers to her state of grace.

Incidentally, a word of advice? Don't use NightOwl as a source.It's the equivalent of starting a ten mile hike by chopping your feet off.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Parthenogenesis is a scientific fact.

And in this context, EyeDontHaveaClue, it refers to her state of grace.

Incidentally, a word of advice? Don't use NightOwl as a source.It's the equivalent of starting a ten mile hike by chopping your feet off.
    You make my day with posts like that !

Eyelids
    I would say Mary's sinless nature would have a lot to do with her never taking it up the tail end.